Thread: Gel Coat Cracks

Default Gel Coat Cracks

Just went to Moomba discussion board and read alot of complaints about spider cracking
    around through bolts and wondered if any Supra owners with relatively new boats have had any issues.

Default Replying to Topic 'Gel Coat Cracks'

'02 SSV...no problems here...
    2002 SSV Owner

I had a 98 Moomba Mobius until December and had NO ISSUES at all. I recommend Moomba to anyone! It was a direct drive and I just traded it in for an 04 Supra SSV gravity games edition. I can't wait for wakeboarding behind it!
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games

My '04 Gravity is at the dealer right now getting some fixed -- appeared that the factory had overtorqued the screws holding down the side glass and cracks were showing. Also had some just behind the rear seat on the cross section where it meets the side wall -- dealer said the gel coat was just too thick in that area. No other issues.

i JUST bought 02 LAUNCH AND IT HAS CRACKS IN ABOUT 5 SPOTS AROUND TOWER MOUNTS AND IN BACK AROUND VENTS. I have been noticeing online that most complaints about supra and moomba gel coat cracks are on the west coast I wonder if climate has any thing to do with it.

i JUST bought 02 LAUNCH AND IT HAS CRACKS IN ABOUT 5 SPOTS AROUND TOWER MOUNTS AND IN BACK AROUND VENTS. I have been noticeing online that most complaints about supra and moomba gel coat cracks are on the west coast I wonder if climate has any thing to do with it.

I keep mine garaged. I have heard of people with these issues, but I have never experienced them. My 98 Mobius did not have a tower. Obviously my GG SSV has a tower, but I have only used it about 10 times since I bought it.

I did have a new version of the tower installed that folds down backwards instead of forwards. This helps me a lot so I can fold the tower down by myself even with the weight of the speakers and racks. My dealer said that all Supra 2004 boats have a new composite for added strength under the location where the tower legs mount. I don't know if that will help prevent the spider cracking or not. I guess I will find out within the next year or two.
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games