Threaded View

Default 86 Sunsport Makeover . . .

My Christmas wish is coming true! In a few weeks I will be taking my 86 Sunsport Skier to Viper Customs for rebuild. We're getting the stringer and floor "treatment", cosmetic hull repairs, new upholstery and a tower - not to mention a few incidental items that I want Jim to address. But here's my dilemma: Although I love the look of the teak on the boat, I hate the maintenance of it. I mean, oiling the teak is no big deal - but keeping the oil off of the vinyl is a big deal. The previous owner did a great job keeping the teak wood oiled, but the vinyl got stained in the process. So now that I'm getting new vinyl, I'm asking myself if I should leave the teak accent trim on the interior. And if not teak, what should I use - if anything? Also, I have a teak rail that goes around the stern - and it cannot be removed for oiling. The remainder of the teak trim is easily removed for oiling as is the teak swim platform. Would a stainless rail around the stern look cool? Or maybe no rail at all? What do you guys think? Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com