Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcg View Post
    Sounds like you guys might be right about the lights. It's nice, however to sit and dream while the temp is 26 degrees. By the way, I talked with Jim and he said that he was waiting on your boat to arrive, because he's going to fabricate my rear bench seat from the measurements of your boat. I'll post pics once the initial stages are done. Also, Mike gave me some good starters for a bimini. By the way Clint, I'm in Conneaut Lake...not too far from you. I'll keep you posted.
    Neil
    Neil, that's good that he will be able to duplicate my seat for yours. But I don't know what he means about waiting for my boat to arrive - it's been in his shop for a month. Where is Conneaut lake?
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Here's an idea for you - The Supra Launch uses a hard ballast tank as the base for the rear bench seat. Any thought to having Jim fabricate something like that? Tanks are easy to find. The other option is removing the dividers under the rear bench seat base and plumbing in a fat sac, but from my experience there is a lot of wasted space and the tank would hold a lot more. Think about it!

Also if you are excited about LEDs there are so many possabilities INSIDE the boat! In the bottom of the cupholders, under the drivers dash, in the cabin speaker grills... I put some on the interior gunwales pointing at the floor.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Clint,
    I talked with Jim before your boat arrived. I missed that you were sending it to him in this thread earlier, I just realized that it was your boat. Conneaut Lake is a little more than an hour north of Pittsburgh.

Clint,
    I talked with Jim before your boat arrived. I missed that you were sending it to him in this thread earlier, I just realized that it was your boat. Conneaut Lake is a little more than an hour north of Pittsburgh.
    I took my boat to Jim last month - he has a great shop and I was able to see some of his work. I think that you will be happy.
    I checked out your lake online and it looks very cool. I wish we had something like that near us!
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Progress on the stringer job. Jim said that what they found under the floor was pretty much what he expected to find. Wet foam and soft wood.

You can see more photos on Viper's Facebook page under "current projects"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by csuggs; 01-21-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    Clint
    www.waketheworldwv.com

love the empty hull with ski pole.

i bet you're itching to get her back.

i can't imagine having a shop like that to work in.

Clint

Is Jim going to paint the hull for you? I noticed that he/you removed all of the stripes and wave logo.
    1984 Supra Rider

Clint,
    Hey I live in Pittsburgh and travel to Chautauqua each weekend...I will beep when i go by
    1984 Supra Rider

Clint,

Exciting! I need to check out Viper's facebook. I haven't had much of a chance to go check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Hey I live in Pittsburgh and travel to Chautauqua each weekend...I will beep when i go by

Sounds good. Maybe we can hit the lake sometime this summer