Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Replying to Topic 'Gravity Games Sacs vs Factory SSV'

My dealer has told me the GG sacks are 2 550lbs in the rear and one 1200 lbs in the front. Does anyone relly know?

I definitely am not sure. I currently have the standard ballast bags with quick release connecters and am VERY HAPPY with them. When they are full and the wake plate is up, I can clear both wakes, get a LOT OF POP, and LAND IN THE FLATS at 75' back going 24 miles per hour. With the standard bags full, I still have PLENTY OF STORAGE which is what I like.

I also know that the Gravity Games bags take up ALL of your rear storage and basement storage when full. Since I already have an excellent wake, I am not even going to get the gravity games bags. I recommend anyone with an SSV to give your factory ballast system a chance before you make a decision to upgrade or not.
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games

My dealer told me the GG bags are 800lb each on sides of engine and 1000 lbs in front. So I am assuming I have 2600lbs of weight with them full. I also add a 600lb to the back seat when there are only 2-3 of us because the wake is not as big as we would like without it.

Our dealer said the GG bags are 1000lb in front and 800lb on each side of engine. So I have always thought are ballast is 2600lbs.

When there are only 2-3 of us I also add another 600lb to the back seat.

The gravity games boat and all SSV's come from the factory with their stock ballast.
    It is about a 600 lbs sack in the fron and a 275lbs sack on each side of the motor.

It is not really allowed for the factory to allow ballast from the factory for some liability reasons. You can get the sacks from a dealer or barefoot Intl. They are fly-high sacks (same as factory). You will notice how large the sacks are if they are the aftermarket. Mike at BI told me his front sack is about 1200lbs (19x8 and the rears are (guessing) 600 each. I have the specs written down at my shop and can help anyone still wanting this info. I run the Fluid Concepts sacks in my boat 1000 in the front and 500s in the rear. You can see those at www.fluidconcepts.net

you can email me w/ any help looking for bags.
    [email protected]

I bought my new GG boat about 3 weeks ago and the factory ballast is 2 3oo pound sacks in the back and a 600 in the ski locker in the fromt. I added 2 bags of cement wrapped in duct tape really well on each side of the motor. adding an additional 360 pounds in the back and 2 bags of cement in the front to harden the wake. I tell you the wake is awsome. I got rid of my malibu for this boat and it was the best decision i ever made . later bros

I bought my new GG boat about 3 weeks ago and the factory ballast is 2 3oo pound sacks in the back and a 600 in the ski locker in the fromt. I added 2 bags of cement wrapped in duct tape really well on each side of the motor. adding an additional 360 pounds in the back and 2 bags of cement in the front to harden the wake. I tell you the wake is awsome. I got rid of my malibu for this boat and it was the best decision i ever made . later bros

the back sacks are 350 # and the front sack is 600 #.... Add additional 200 # in the rear and the wake is sick.

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the standard SSV bags are? I am preparing to yank them and have custom tanks made for storage reasons. I ask because a larger bag could not fit anywhere in the boat and I wouuld like to know what I am working with. I have almost no storage when they are full, can barely get a vest on top of them without hitting the top of the trunk.

Thanks