Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gravity Games Sacs vs Factory SSV

I would like to know the specs on the Gravity Games SSV ballast tanks. And what does the factory SSV come with in comparison.
    I am an rookie Wakeboarder, do I need to spend the extra money to make the Ballast tanks larger, or will factory tanks satisfy me?
    Thanks for all of your help! I can't wait to get my new SSV in the water!!!

Default Replying to Topic 'Gravity Games Sacs vs Factory SSV'

I haven't had my 04 SSV GG boat out yet, but I think that mine did not come with the Gravity Games edition bags. That is one fault I see in Supra and the dealership is the lack of knowledge about this subject. I asked the dealer what size ballast I have the they didn't know. I asked another Supra worker and he didn't know for sure. He told me that I could order some, but I don't know how to check what version I have. Obviously, if I already have them I wouldn't want to order them.

Anyway, I have been riding behind all of my friends' Malibu wakesetter VLXs. They had factory 900 pound ballast in them and all of us can throw HUGE jumps off of that wake. Therefore, I assume that the factory standard ballast in the SSV will be the same if not better.

I still would like to find out how to check my ballast bags to see if they are the gravity games edition bags or not. Is there a tag on the bag to indicate the pounds? If someone out there knows any indicator to check what size ballast bags I have in my SSV, please respond.
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games

I have no idea how you can tell what size your sacs are, but I do know that if you have to Gravity Games bags, the 2 rear ones are ~800lbs each and the locker one is ~1000lbs. But, according to my dealer, they cannot sell those stock with the Supras because of the the boat weight limit. So you have to order them separately. I ordered mine from Fly High for my 03 SSV, and got them cheaper than through my dealer.

I'll get back to you guys with exact specs, but I can tell you that both the SSV & Gravity Games boats come with the standard ballast sacs -- the gravity bags are considerably larger & will cost you approx. $600. If you are just getting started, the standard sacs will give you all you need for now and leave you a little room for storage. I added the bigger ones to mine & it does make some difference but only if you are advanced. On the down side, the bigger sacs leave you no room for storage of anything in any of the three compartments.

I PICKED MY GRAVITY GAMES BOAT UP YESTERDAY AND I ASK ONE OF THE GUYS HOW MUCH BALLAST WAS IN THE GG EDITION AND HE SAID 700 IN THE REAR AND 600 IN THE TRUNK DONT KNOW IF THAT IS RIGHT OR NOT

I belive the GG bags are two 550lbs in the rear lockers and one 1200lb in the front. The standard bags are two 350s in the rear and one 600 up front. You can order custom bags for the rear that will hold about 675 lbs each. Beginners and intermediates should be fine with the stock ballast. There is a wild women on wakeboarder.com (Miss Jade with a beautiful SSV) who runs as much as 4500 lbs total.

You might want to post a message for miss jade on wakeboarder, like I said she runs with as much as 4500 and has said that it performs fine. Don't know which prop shes running. I have run an SSV at 5200 ft (subtract about 4% of hp per 1000ft) with all factory ballast and about 10 people and it seemed to do OK but it may have had the 330hp in it, it was during a tournament so it was a dealer boat. I can only talk about it for now though since my new SSV GG won't be in until friggin June!! I did order the 385 hp engine though.

I was wondering can you put GG bags in any Moomba/supra or only the GG edition Boats

yes you can add gg bags in an ssv only. you can add a larger bag in an ss or straight launch if you have a playpen style instead of a walkthrough. this is the same with a mobius.

For a Rookie wakeboarder, the stock ballast will do just fine. Keep in mind that the Supra SSV does throw a pretty fat (wide) wake with just the stock ballast. You may need to shorten up the rope as you start to jump the wake.

Have Fun!
    Nate
    2004 SSV (Fully loaded)
    www.thewakestore.com