Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best Tower Speakers and Woofers

What kind of tower speakers and amplifiers are you guys running? What kind of woofer? What sizes? Im trying to decide and I want to make sure I get a good system.

You're budget is the most important part....

Wet Sounds Syn6 on the towers, Syn4 on the in-boats, and 2 Syn1's for the 2 XXX 12's.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

not too worried about the budget just want a great system

What boat do you have? There are several different options, it just depends on how deep your pockets are. Do you have any local car audio dealers? Give me some ideas of what you want and what boat you have and I can put something together to give you a general idea. You're location is important too.... Maybe you should update your profile or add some stuff about yourself.
    My Install Gallery

I have a '99 launch 21' I live in south, ga just above tallahassee, fl. I have a few car audio dealers. I have always been a fan of JL audio but they dont have any tower speakers with chrome cans.

I would go with wetsounds and use jonyb he does awesome work and his prices are great

where are you located jonyb?

Paducah KY.... That's about 2 hours north of Nashville, TN.

With Wet Sounds, you get black or white cans. They just unveiled a new line of speaker cans that are pretty inexpensive. For $499/pair, they're not bad and the speakers in them are great. http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/SST-65.html

Otherwise you could get a set of polished cans from DIY wake and put your own speakers in them. For that I'd recommend the XS-650's at $199/pair. The cans are around $150 if you shop around.

JL makes good equipment, but it's pricey. For the same price or a little more I think the Wet Sounds is a better choice for a boat. I've given mine and my customers a lot of abuse and they've all stood up to it. If not, the customer service is great from WS. They really stand behind their product *coughcough*.

Again, budget is important. I could quote you a $12,000 system, or a $2000 system, but thats a waste of time if it doesn't fit the bill for you. I have a Centurion in the shop right now from Indanapolis, which is 8 hours away from me. I suggest you shop around locally to see what's out there. If you're not happy with those results, I'll be more than glad to give you some advice. Or directions if you feel like driving.
    My Install Gallery

Alright thanks. I have been looking at the wet sounds 3-some. Im not sure what amp to run it. If you could help me build a system I could probably just get a local audio shop to wire it up for me. I want 6 total component speakers in the boat 4 in the back and 2 in the front. Then I want the tower speakers( i have pretty much settled on the 3-some) and I want 1 subwoofer. Can you help point me in the direction of what amps and component speakers would work good together? Thanks

If you want the 3-Some, you'll need the Syn6 to power it. That's what I've done in my boat, and what WS recommends. That puts 600W on the Pro485 in the center, and 300W to each Pro80.

For in-boats, use the WS XS-650's or SS65's. The 65's are easier on power and are a little cheaper. I've got 6 650's in my boat just as you've mentioned you want. They're powered by a Syn4. The trick with the 650's is that they meter at around 3.7ohm for each speaker. When you tie 4 of them to 2-channels of the amp, the impedance is below 2 ohm, and most amps won't play that low. The Syn4 does, just fine.

For a sub, the 12"XXX and Syn1 is a perfect combo. I've done several of those in other boats, and have 2 of those in mine. Very loud. The Syn1 is plenty of power for the XXX at 1000W mono. Not familiar with your boat, but in mine I managed to get 1 under the helm in a ported enclosure without any loss of footroom.

You can check the prices on Wet Sounds' page, but that's all retail. You'll have to call me for pricing on any equipment. I'll make it worth your while.

Under the helm:

Port side:

More pics:
    http://jonyb.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7465465
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/
    My Install Gallery