Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That is a really good and cool to hear about the history. I agree with Micheal, Supra is pretty unique for the era and was definitely a fit for me right now budget and needs wise.

I was also thinking older sunsetter or martinique before I saw the SunSport. Nothing compared after that!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    I was also thinking older sunsetter or martinique before I saw the SunSport. Nothing compared after that!
    I was the same...back in 1986 when my buddy's dad who was a doctor bought a brand new Sunsport. It was the one of the most beautiful boats on the lake fell in love the day I saw it. We had 1975 MFG Trihull with a 165 mercruiser I/O. Whenever we were out on the boats together always felt like mine was the ugly duckling...which it was.

beautiful boats, timeless style.
    1984 Supra Rider

He has moved back here recently and I speak with him daily. We have been friends for 40 years. He is the father of invention with the ski boats.

Quote Originally Posted by joehiggins View Post
    He has moved back here recently and I speak with him daily. We have been friends for 40 years. He is the father of invention with the ski boats.
    Well, Joe, if you're telling the truth, that's very cool. I read this thread a couple of months ago just going through the archives and enjoyed learning about George's story and struggle and in general his contributions to inboards. And I don't mean to insult with my first sentence, it's just that the internet is the internet and you know how that goes.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

Default George Flower

JBreezy, A tale that follows. I met George while he was still working at Master craft with Rob Shirly. I did electrical work down at the old shop on Morganton rd off and on as they needed it done. My wife's sister ran the office in the early years for Master Craft. My wife worked off and on in the office also. George and Rob parted ways and George started Ski Supreme. It was located just off East Broadway in Maryville in an old 4 bay service station. My wife ran the front office there, and I hauled the first engine from Paul Fletcher's shop that was put in his first boat. Later we moved down on Topside Rd. in Louisville. I built custom trailers for George and later I built and ran his trailer shop there. I was offered a job in Texas and my wife and I moved there. Shortly thereafter He sold his part of Ski Supreme and started Supra. My wife and I attended some of his boat shows and ski tournaments in Texas. Time passed as we led our own lives. We returned to Tennessee to find out George had lost Supra and had spent some time in Florida and California. We arrived here and opened a BBQ house in Townsend, while George had just started the Aztec line down at a small shop just off 321 close to Friendsville. Later was sold to Charlie Luna who owned Viper Boats in Mountain Home Arkansas. George packed up and moved to Mountain Home to build the boats there. Another tale could begin here and long it would be. George is sitting here talking to me as I type this tale. Should you like we can have breakfast some Sat. morning and I will bring him with me.

WOW! That's awesome. Now again, I could become the village idiot around here by buying it, but I'll be darned if you don't sound like you are indeed telling the truth. Well thanks for the the recap, I appreciated hearing more of the story. And I appreciate your long term friendship with a legend. Boating means a lot of me, as it does many on this forum. I am quite a ways from you guys here in Minnesota but I drove through TN recently and spent two days in Chattanooga in January. 68 degrees and absolutely beautiful, geography, food, and people were all awesome. My wife and I added the TN and GA mountain area it to our potential retirement destinations.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

JBreezy, A tale that follows. I met George while he was still working at Master craft with Rob Shirly. I did electrical work down at the old shop on Morganton rd off and on as they needed it done. My wife's sister ran the office in the early years for Master Craft. My wife worked off and on in the office also. George and Rob parted ways and George started Ski Supreme. It was located just off East Broadway in Maryville in an old 4 bay service station. My wife ran the front office there, and I hauled the first engine from Paul Fletcher's shop that was put in his first boat. Later we moved down on Topside Rd. in Louisville. I built custom trailers for George and later I built and ran his trailer shop there. I was offered a job in Texas and my wife and I moved there. Shortly thereafter He sold his part of Ski Supreme and started Supra. My wife and I attended some of his boat shows and ski tournaments in Texas. Time passed as we led our own lives. We returned to Tennessee to find out George had lost Supra and had spent some time in Florida and California. We arrived here and opened a BBQ house in Townsend, while George had just started the Aztec line down at a small shop just off 321 close to Friendsville. Later was sold to Charlie Luna who owned Viper Boats in Mountain Home Arkansas. George packed up and moved to Mountain Home to build the boats there. Another tale could begin here and long it would be. George is sitting here talking to me as I type this tale. Should you like we can have breakfast some Sat. morning and I will bring him with me.
    I sent you a private message Joe. Please get in touch with me if you want. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I have a feeling that is Smokin' Joe's Bar-b-Que?
    2018 Supra SL400

Interesting ... I read the article 10 years ago. Still interesting.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com