Default Looking for a Ski Pylon that fits an 86 sunsport skier

Hey Guys;

I recently purchased a 86 Sunsport Skier with 400hrs for 4K.
    I knew it needed some things, but after i have been tearing it apart I realize it needs a lot of TLC. After reading this forum for a while you all convinced me that an older Supra is better than buying another older Malibu.
    Also you all inspired me to tear apart my boat, fix the problems, and take great pride in it when it's done.
    I will share pictures of my adventure soon.

However my pylon seems to be cracking/chipping where it meets the floor.
    I am in the process of trying to remove all 8 bolts, however it is a process!

Anyone have an extra pylon laying around, and I assume I need a pylon that is angled as well?

I will give you much more information on my process ASAP. Thanks to all for the encouragement, it has been fun at times, and stressful at times!

hey you should make a build thread 4 your project! there is a good amount of us all redoing 86-87 sunsports! now as for your pylon Id say give viper customs a call!

my pylon is kinda doing the same thing

I am going to probably be removing the one that is in my 87 sunsport skier. I had a 91 sunsport that I removed the pylon in. Gave the boat a much roomier feel. Guess it all depends on what you are using the boat for. Let me know if it would work for ya. good luck with the build, hope to dive into mine here soon.

I might be interested in selling mine. I'm planning to get a tower and may not put the pylon back in at all.

Default New Thread

I will start a new thread tommorow, as i would like to share my progress and seek advice from people who have done this before.

Yes, I will contact Jim at Viper, as I sure he can do everything I am trying to do, however I want to learn (and save some money). However there will be a few things I will take my boat there for. I was at his shop already - Impressive

Also in regards to the ski pylon, I took all 4 bolts completely out and the pylon is not moving at all, even hit it with a sledge hammer in all directions.

Any advice? The pylon is fraying at the bottom a little prior to me trying to remove it, hence the reason for the removal.

I would just keep it out, but i think i may want to try slalom skiing, as there are courses set up on my lake - NOrris Lake - TN.

Thanks guys!

hey Okie and RollinRock:

I sent you both private mesages. I would be interested in your ski pylons for a fair price. Thanks!

I sent you back a PM. I'll let you know if I decide to sell it. I'm still undecided. I'm going to put a tower on my boat, so I don't think I need it and it would be good to get it out of the way, but I could see where we might still use it every once in a while, so I dunno.