Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Chicago Boat Show

SC had a good showing at the Chicago boat show. Great display of colors and options. Including the new LCD display very impressive. I finally got to meet Neal [naw] he lives about 15 Min's from me.

More pics

And more pics

Interesting...there were only 3 at the Toronto show, and maybe a couple moomba's, One was an '10 gravity games edition ( i think) looked like Todd's boat with the LCD display, I must say the interiors on those new boats are amazing...
    Uphere they leave the wheels on trailers.....what's going on down there with that?
    90 Conbrio

Ill be going tomorrow hope to get some pics as well

maple, went there on friday , first time to the TO show, that lake was wild,I thought the show was pretty big, would like to go to the detroit show some time to compare. i think things are pretty tough up here in the 50 + ski/wake boat. still can't justify another 20 k for the name
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I met neil

I believe they remove the wheels so they sit lower and you can look in from the floor instead of having to crawl around in them.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Hey guys, thanks for the pictures. Glad to meet you all finally.

The dealers here tend to take the wheels off the trailers so you can see inside the boats from the floor level. Plus, you'd be surprised at how many people are interested to know how the trailers are constructed, brake set up and wheel bearing lubrication.

I will be in Milwaukee this Friday through Sunday as well, so feel free to pop in and say hey. I love going through every detail of the boats, so come and find me and lets talk about the Skiers Choice products.

Cheers

-Neil

The Houston Boat Show wrapped up here last weekend. I was just there to drool and get a few ideas for updating my '89 Saltare project.

The local Skier's Choice dealer had the most comprehensive line up of inboard/v-drive boats by far - ~4-5 Moomba's & another 7 or so Supra's. Really nice looking boats. A few even had the new half forward swoop towers - interesting to look at in person. Sales rep said business had definitely improved recently. Skier's Choice looked to be positioned very well for value - a MC "boat show special" at $90k???? SC even seemed to compare favorably to the "budget" AXIS on display (not a bad looking boat, though).

Malibu had a neat cut away of a helm with the Maliview display similar to Supravision - egad, I can't imagine all those electronics in ski boat environment. Was taken aback when the bu rep said they in-water check every boat at the dealership since every boat needs something fixed after they get it in from the factory - and yes, with everything tied together electronically, a simple ground problem in some buried accessory can can be a real headache or worse, leave you dead on the water. Glad I've got a carb, distributor, breakers, and analog gauges...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____