Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by chautauquasun View Post
    Wonder what their insurance looks like?
    Lol That was the first thing I thought, Id love to put them boats in the water with that big machine!

Anyway back to your boat, I saw the shaft was about an inch or so forward, Did it effect the area where the shaft goes thru the hull any? Did you have any kind of a leak?

chautauqua...take a close look at your strut before you get it all back together. mine was bent so bad you could see it was out of alignment but i never bothered to check. had to remove the shaft and pull the strut to bring it in. i bet all of our old set-ups were letting the motor move more than we thought or could see. kinda adds a pucker factor thinking about things that could have gone wrong.

Salty

Yeah as soon as the engine is out I am going to remove the shaft. I was going to replace the shaft bearings anyway. Looking at the stut it seems okay an not bent but I will look at it again. I sent my prop out to proper pitch for repair and I talked to them about the shaft...they can straighten it and the cost was pretty reasonable. hoping it isnt but that is wishful thinking.

No problems from what I can tell in the shaft log through the hull...but will have a better look at it once the shaft is out.
    1984 Supra Rider

Default Gutted

Here are a few of the old stringers and the current state of the boat. Should have the stringers in and glassed by the end of this week. We discovered that one of the previous owners had the deck off before and redid the floor and carpet but did not replace stringers. You can see the multiple rivet holes in the hull in one of the pics. May make it interesting putting it back together when trying to line up or drill new holes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chautauquasun; 04-17-2010 at 11:10 PM.
    1984 Supra Rider

Looking good. So are the stringers going to be done in multiple pieces?

Whats your plans for your boat anyway? Just stringers? or more?

are you going to stick with the old ski pole?