Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default ChautauquaSun Stringer and Floor Replacement

Finally decided it was time to get this project started but I am no where near as motivated as Okie or the others that have done this job themselves. I have great respect for you guys. I looked at doing myself but really didnt have the space, time or equipment. I will miss the pride of doing it myself but I have plenty of other projects on this boat that will keep me busy.

I had a great conversation with Chris who redid his boat last year...he goes by c43amg on here. You may remember he did a very quick and nice job on his comp. He does this work here in the Pittsburgh area and his shop is about 45 minutes from my house. So in the next three weeks or so mine will be going through a rebuild as well. Pretty excited to finally have made the decision and feel good about Chris's abilities. If anybody else is looking to have this work done you may want to touch base with him.

As soon as the project is underway I will send pictures. Okie...no way my thread will even come close to yours...I read through the 28 pages today...wow...you have been busy. I will keep you update on my progress

Dan
    1984 Supra Rider

Trust me, Once you tear into it there is NO RETURN! haha Seriously though I just got my boat back in the shop yesterday and let me tell ya, Im no where near where I'd like to be with it!

Who's the guy in pittsburgh? I live practically in pittsburgh so I wouldn t mind talking to this guy

His name is Chris and is on this site and checks his email here. c43amg is his profile. He is located in Beaver. you can see some of his work on here. He redid his boat last year. I have his phone number and other email in my office which I will send to you tomorrow.

Where do you live in Pittsburgh? I am in the Wexford area.
    1984 Supra Rider

Dan - I'm glad you made the decision to get your stringers and floor replaced - that's really great! I think you'll be happy you made this decision.
    Clint
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

good for you Csun...you'll be happy when she's done. you're not really missing out on anything. lol

Good for you! You'll be happy when it's done, I'm sure. Be sure to post lots of pictures. If I had the option to have someone else do it, I would have. Although I am proud of what I'm doing, it would be nice to not have to do all the work...LOL!

Default Post should be titled Boat restoration....

I finally got my boat over to Chris at CK Fiberglass and Canvas. He is going to replace my stringers and floor and carpet. I hope to start posting pictures of his progress in the next week. Here are few other small projects I have started. Have a long way to go. I also plan on replace the helm and steering cable, new rub rail, new strut bearings, refinsh all of the teak and metal pieces, maybe reupholster (may need to wait until next year) wet sand and polish and install a stereo system and speaks...not to mention fix all of the wiring and accessories that dont seem to be working. Here are a few pictures of some of the teak work I have done and wire brushing of the seat pedestals.
    1984 Supra Rider

Default Teak Refinishing

Here is some of the teak refinishing I have been working on. The long rails go on top of my windshield...mine has the long windshield. Also the battery box cover. You will see in the pics how black it was when I got it. Love the lighter color after cleaning and lightening but you will see the oil darkens it quite a bit. Should look good once it is installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chautauquasun; 03-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    1984 Supra Rider

Default Seat Pedestals

Amazing what a wire wheel on a drill can accomplish. As you will see the aluminum bases were pretty corroded. The wire wheel really shined them up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1984 Supra Rider

Pedestals look great. If you want to go extra mile you can use a buffing wheel and your drill on them. If you do they will shine like a chrome bumper!