Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Chat,

If you still can do it, think about adding a layer of glass to the underside. I was told the plywood likes to "check" and the glass on the bottom helps with that long term. I just used a 4 oz glass cloth.

dshaff,

This was one issue I ran into. Be prepared the top won't fit down exactly like it did. I stillhad plent of material at the mating area so I just drilled new holes to put everything back together and I'm going to shift my rub rail to cover it.
    Ill check into the glass on the bottom side. I have had conflicting info from different people on that underside. I have had two marina's that do floor work and Chris say not to fiberglass the bottom so that any moisture can escape. Supposedly the fir is also supposed to be better at allowing moisture to escape...but what do I know...I sell 401k plans for a living.
    1984 Supra Rider

Hows things going? Everything working out?

Default Hello....Back among the living

Hey guys looks like everyone is getting out on the water and enjoying their new boats and rebuilt boats. Mine is almost complete. i apologize for dropping off here for a while. I have gotten extremely busy with leading my division through a buyout and the boat took a back seat. I have to get my priorities straight don' t I . Sorry I have not been diligent about updating my thread. I am hoping to have her in the water this weekend. Chris did a great job with the stringers, floors and carpet and putting her all back together. I am finishing things up with a new helm and steering cable, putting in all of the teak and reinstalling the swim platform. I am hoping to finsh up cleaning her up and buffing her this weekend but we will see. I will post some updated pics.

Hope all is well with everyone. I hope to be back among the living this weekend.
    1984 Supra Rider

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    Boating doesn't come first in your life? What a shame! No, we got to pay for it somehow right? And I do mean pay!!

Still need to work on my teak and after seeing yours and I thought I would knock it out quickly. But I started to use my boat every weekend now and won't break it down cause I can't get it started or finished during the week due to all my work obligations. My teak may just have to wait till fall.

Good to hear about the progress and hope to see pics soon.
    I've got the same, wait til fall list myself!!!!
    Dan, Glad you're chiming in on your rebuild, and that it went well. Hope you're 2nd maiden voyage goes great.....
    Probably gonna be down on the Alleghany late July early August!!!!
    90 Conbrio

I been wondering how things been!

Welcome back, Chat.

Glad to hear of your progress. I'm still woefully behind schedule (damn work schedule). Sounds like you're getting close. Good luck!
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

chataquasun,
    Do you happen to have the contact info for the guy doing your stringer job? if so could you email it to me at [email protected]. I think I am staring a stringer job in the face and dont think I wanna try to do it myself, but that all depends on what the going rate is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    chataquasun,
    Do you happen to have the contact info for the guy doing your stringer job? if so could you email it to me at [email protected]. I think I am staring a stringer job in the face and dont think I wanna try to do it myself, but that all depends on what the going rate is.
    412 951 1055 His name is chris

thank you. i will call him today