Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Default Snap-on Covers....

does anyone trailer their boat with them on?

I'm under the impression you aren't supposed to but don't know why really. I have seen others do it.

Thoughts?

I trailer mine with the cover only when it's raining. The front snaps across the bow are off and won't stay snapped on, so the boat gets a ton of air in it and makes the other part of the cover blow up lifting the pole off of the floor. Looks to me like that'll wear the cover out even faster. A few of the snaps are starting to pull through also.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

I drive with my snap on cover on the highway long distances without issues. I have driven to Lake Powell and back (500 miles each way) 3 times now - no issues at all.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I'm getting the snap cover for my 24SSV put on this week, I hope not! haha
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Drive with mine and no problems even at 80mph....I hate the cover because it leaks like crazy even when just sitting.

Having a custom one piece cover made now that uses ratchet straps below the rubrail.

I drove mine 400 miles home when I bought it with the cover on. But mine has the snaps on the bottom side of the rub rail so you cant see them. What that also does is forces the sir over the top of the cover while trailering instead of under

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post

Having a custom one piece cover made now that uses ratchet straps below the rubrail.
    What would be the ultimate price for that delightful treat?
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    What would be the ultimate price for that delightful treat?
    Those are what we have on our company '09 22v and the ratchets have scratched up the boat a little. It could be from improper use by some people here, but I stayed away from them nonetheless.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

I had one of those on my Baja before I bought this Supra. I can see where it would be a problem, but mine was made (OEM from BAJA) to where the ratchet's were enclosed, so it never damaged the gel....

Funny thing about that cover: I made a few posts on offshoreonly about wanting a cover like that for the boat. The salesman from the dealer that sold me the boat called me the next day (he still had my cell phone number) and said "I think we have a few of those in the attic, I'll check tomorrow night after work." Sure enough, they had one and he shipped it to me for free. I'd been bidding on them on ebay and losing at $250 + shipping. These were the shipping covers used on the boats when in transit to the dealer from the factory. That's customer service.....
    My Install Gallery

I have towed my boat with the snap on cover on, only when it is rainy. However, the boat still gets wet with the cover, not drenched.