Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Ok, so I have read through most of this topic and haven't seen anyone with a late model DD and how they are weighting it.

2003 Launch DD here. Typically we throw a 350 in the rear locker, stock plumbed bag under the rear seat, 540 in center locker and a 540 on whichever side depending on the stance of the person surfing, Tab all the way up.

We bought a 5 11 hyperlite because we knew it was tough to get the push on a DD. This setup works pretty well and we can go without the rope on most days.

Anyone got any advice?

Thinking of toying with the weight distribution next week while we are up....

Putting 540 in rear locker and using the 350 to place on either side of the doghouse. Possibly moving the 540 from the center locker to the bow.

Thoughts?
    Sleep when your Dead

Quote Originally Posted by JmattNC80 View Post
    Ok, so I have read through most of this topic and haven't seen anyone with a late model DD and how they are weighting it.

2003 Launch DD here. Typically we throw a 350 in the rear locker, stock plumbed bag under the rear seat, 540 in center locker and a 540 on whichever side depending on the stance of the person surfing, Tab all the way up.

We bought a 5 11 hyperlite because we knew it was tough to get the push on a DD. This setup works pretty well and we can go without the rope on most days.

Anyone got any advice?

Thinking of toying with the weight distribution next week while we are up....

Putting 540 in rear locker and using the 350 to place on either side of the doghouse. Possibly moving the 540 from the center locker to the bow.

Thoughts?
    There was a post on the previous page.

I'm just learning how to get mine weighted well.

I tried a bag under my rear seat, another tube sack on the floor in front of the rear seat. the 750 fat sack beside the engine on the surf side, and another sack filling the cooler up front. I would estimate around 1200+ pounds of ballast??

1992 Supra Sunsport, wakeplate fully up. Somewhere between 11 and 11.5mph

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Trayson--try and slow down a bit...that helped me. I think I surf around 9mph. It should help with the push.
    Kevin

1993 Supra Sunsport
    5.8 351 HO PCM @ 285hp / PCM (40 A) 1.23:1
    Acme 422 Propeller 4 Blade 12.5 X 15.5 RH 1" Bore .105 cup
    Ballast: (2) 540 lb and (2) 350 lb Straight Line Launch Pad
    Wakeboard: CWB Absolute w/ Faction bindings / Surfboards: Hyperlite Coex & Broadcast

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." ~John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by kvand347 View Post
    Trayson--try and slow down a bit...that helped me. I think I surf around 9mph. It should help with the push.
    Okay, I'll def give that a shot. I know there's a lot of trial and error to all of this.
    • Amount of Ballast
    • Location of Ballast
    • Speed of boat
    • Distance of rider behind the transom
    • Type of board you're riding
    • Rider skill level

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Post your biggest surf wave pic

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Okay, I'll def give that a shot. I know there's a lot of trial and error to all of this.
    • Amount of Ballast
    • Location of Ballast
    • Speed of boat
    • Distance of rider behind the transom
    • Type of board you're riding
    • Rider skill level
    You forgot to add if the tractor beam has been deactivated or not.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

My God Spock - did he say tractor beam? That's how it all began for me back on stardate 10/11/09...

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...at-have-I-done

Trayson - let me know when you get it figured out - still working on mine.
    Last edited by sybrmike; 06-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    My God Spock - did he say tractor beam? That's how it all began for me back on stardate 10/11/09...

Well, it'll be a while before I figure it out... I just dropped the boat off at my local boat dealer. Slipping tranny again. I'm on vacation in NYC next week, so hopefully they have it figured out by the time I get back.

This thread is still alive? Wow! IMHO the Supras have a fantastic deep bow - dig that baby in and the displacement dramatically increases. I always run at least 400 in the bow personally in my 87SS. Cheers
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    This thread is still alive? Wow! IMHO the Supras have a fantastic deep bow - dig that baby in and the displacement dramatically increases. I always run at least 400 in the bow personally in my 87SS. Cheers
    I guess this thread is alive now! I don't run any bow weight.

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post

My setup that seemed to work the best was as follows:

1992 Sunsport.

370 on the surfside floor beside the doghouse
    750 on top of the above bag, with as much of it in the rear seat as possible.
    about 250 under rear rear seat
    150 either on top of the exposed part of the 370 or in the rear center seat.

No bow weight and I'm slammed to having water at the top of the rub rail in the back corner. Wakeplate is adjusted so it's down maybe 1/2 an inch or so.

Also have a custom surf platform that doesn't dig into the wake and kill it.

This video shows the platform and ballast setup pretty good:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_eQnL5MPU

Default Post your biggest surf wave pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk