Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

i know this is a thread revival of massive proportions, but most of the pics dont work for me. anyone have pics of a clean saltare or sunsport wave that is on the bigger size? on the hunt for either one of these two and trying to find pics for the wife. she doesnt want an older boat, but i dont want a payment or an i/o.

87SunSportMikeyD's picture on page 9 seems to work, his is an old Sunsport. '87 I believe?

Anyone have any ideas how to clean up the wake? I tried surfing behind my 20v yesterday, and it washed out really quickly. I had the 400lb bow sac full, and the surf side 400lb sac as well. Had 2 girls up front in the bow (one on surf side, one in the center), and had 4 others on surf side rear corner area. It washed out really quickly.. any ideas?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Anyone have any ideas how to clean up the wake? I tried surfing behind my 20v yesterday, and it washed out really quickly. I had the 400lb bow sac full, and the surf side 400lb sac as well. Had 2 girls up front in the bow (one on surf side, one in the center), and had 4 others on surf side rear corner area. It washed out really quickly.. any ideas?
    What was your speed? 10.5 to 11 is recommended. More weight, 400 isn't much for the back. Even with 4 people in the back you were probably only pushing 1100lbs.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    What was your speed? 10.5 to 11 is recommended. More weight, 400 isn't much for the back. Even with 4 people in the back you were probably only pushing 1100lbs.
    My speedo isn't working, so I don't know exactly, but running GPS on my phone I was between 10-12. I played with the speed between there, and also with the wakeplate but just couldn't clean the wake up. It had good push real close to the boat, but anything further than maybe 8-10ft from the platform was really washed out and had no push.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    My speedo isn't working, so I don't know exactly, but running GPS on my phone I was between 10-12. I played with the speed between there, and also with the wakeplate but just couldn't clean the wake up. It had good push real close to the boat, but anything further than maybe 8-10ft from the platform was really washed out and had no push.
    Mike, you need more weight.
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    Mike, you need more weight.
    In the rear or front, or both? I keep hearing 40/60 split for front/rear. I plan to upgrade to some 750lb bags to replace my 400's, then placing the 400 on the rear seat of surf side, and one up in the front walk way. Think that'd do it?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I'd start with that, every boat is a little different so play around with it.
    Function before fashion!

You likely need more weight... but, on the flip side you could have too much weight. If you're putting too much weight on the surf side there's a chance you're pushing your swim platform into the water which could distort the wake. Again, most likely you need more weight, but just be wary of the opposite side of the coin.

No such thing as too much weight unless the rub rail is covered or water is coming over the stern. Keep sacking!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.