Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

I think you're probably kidding, but regardless I need to address that further because I just thought of something I meant to say earlier.

If your prop is one that is meant for medium to high-end running (higher pitch) then if you put too much weight in the boat the prop could spin too fast at the slow speed causing a washed out surf wake. As you add more weight to your setup it is usually advantageous to reduce pitch of the prop so that your motor can push the weight efficiently and your wake isn't washed out.

I'm really only familiar with prop sizes for the older boats, so I don't know the specs of what the stock prop on your 20V would be or what to recommend, for that matter. That make sense to anybody else, or am I blowing smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    In the rear or front, or both? I keep hearing 40/60 split for front/rear. I plan to upgrade to some 750lb bags to replace my 400's, then placing the 400 on the rear seat of surf side, and one up in the front walk way. Think that'd do it?
    I'd think what you have typically read is 60/40 front to back but that is for wakeboarding. Surfing you will want as much weight in the rear corner as possible and then some front weight to level it out. In the 20v, I agree with you, I'd go with 750's in the rear.

Do you have playpen or open bow seating in the front? 400 laying on the seat or back locker would work well. A buddy had a 20v that used to surf pretty decent.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Well, I got it to surf really well over the weekend. I just needed mroe weight as you all mentioned. I had a bunch of friends with me for the weekend, so we stacked them on the surf side and it kicked out a monster wave and it was really clean for a good 15 feet back or so. I had 10 people in the boat and filled all the ballast (except the non-surf side). That was some fun stuff. Now to get some bigger sac's...
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Got a chance to play with the goofy side for my daughter over Memorial Day weekend. I was driving & this is the only decent pic taken by others, but she did finally get some decent free riding. Approximately 400 lbs in the bow, 750 surf sack on stbd chaise next to doghouse, 200 stbd rear bench, 400 in ski locker, and 6 post prom teenage crew mostly stbd. Not too bad for a 24 year old DD

Last edited by sybrmike; 06-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

52 ft Cruisers Yacht.

Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

holy crap thats an ugly wave. Big but ugly.
    Function before fashion!

Yeah, 52ft boats dont respond well to ballast. We had 34 homeless people we were moving about and that was the best we could get.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

i still want to surf it!
    Function before fashion!

Default Post your biggest surf wave pic

Wylie, did it look something like this?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370580983.639610.jpg
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

homeless people huh? charity work?