Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

some sick photos flyboy
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Flyboy,

THATS CRAZY!

Nice pictures, as always, James
    I assume that's the new Flyboy Signature line of surfboards you're riding?

Default Wakes Up!!

I will say im not in the running for the biggest Supra wave as some of these pics are from our 38' Sea Ray Sun Dancer and some pics are from OWC (Orlando Watersports Complex)!! But since I started looking for a boat to use in NY on the lake's and with Mikey's post and pics I went with Supra! So will be posting my Supra Wave pics soon as the water gets warmer then 45*!!

Cheers

Brian

James those are awesome photos! What boat? That board is hella-dope. Any advice regarding technique to get air? Any chance it could happen on my inland surfer four-skim? THanks and hope you stop by often!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Thanks guys - yeah that's my new board brand, it finally hit production (yes!) There is a funny saying in the manufacturing side that if you get a phone call from a vendor/supplier/anyone that promised you something and they start that conversation with"dddddoooooooooooddddd" that translates into "it'll be another week before you get what I promised you."

87sunsport - the pintail on your 4skim is going to make it a challange, but it's not impossible. The biggest problem with the pintails is they sink when you push down on them. That's the actual purpose of the design with skimmers, so that when they land, the tail sinks and gives them extra stability - since they have such small fins. All well an good, except when you want to LEARN to get air.

You know what I would suggest? Practice doing ollies holding the rope. Don't start on your sacked out surf wake, try it holding the rope out in the flats - even try it with a wakeboard rope. The motion is the same once you're on the wake. It's pretty similar to ollie'ing your wakeboard, but of course you don't have bindings to help lift the front.

Keep working it until you can feel yourself catching air - you'll know because you'll fall repeatedly AND you'll hear the board slap back down. Then, keep pushing yourself - lifting the front foot higher and pushing down on the rear foot HARDER. Once you're able to do that out in the flats - sac the boat out and try it there - again, use the rope. The biggest problem with that move/transition is the timing - you want to ollie off the lip, most likely you'll do it too early...wait for itttttt.

Once you can do that pretty consistently, try it without the rope - and get tons of pictures because it's funny as hell the first few times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a nice Ollie out in the flats flyboy.....

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    That's a nice Ollie out in the flats flyboy.....

thats sweet,,,

good tips flyboy,, I will learn that ollie in the flats first.....

Thanks guys, I hope that helps and give me a shout if you need more tips.

I wanted to share a YouTube Video I just posted - it might help those looking to do surface 3's or aerials, but also about 3/4's of the way in, it shows a reverse - basically a surface 3 rotating in the other direction. You have to see it!

Video Link Here

I dig the video. Nice job!! Very impressive.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V