Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

How does the PAC-LC1 differ from the WS420? I mean obviously price and overall functionality. However, couldn't you buy 3 of the PAC's and then independently control the tower, sub and cabins for cheap, if you wanted to. Explain the main difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    How does the PAC-LC1 differ from the WS420? I mean obviously price and overall functionality. However, couldn't you buy 3 of the PAC's and then independently control the tower, sub and cabins for cheap, if you wanted to. Explain the main difference to me.
    That piece is basically a potentiometer that allows you to control the level. The 420 is a line-driver (boosts the signal to the amps so the amps play more efficiently and much cleaner), a dual-zone eq (tower and cabin separately), has a mic that only mutes the tower speakers when you talk through it, and has boat/tower speaker volume control, and a sub control. It also has an aux input like Todd spoke about.

Todd, I understand. I don't like it much either, but my ipods are set up by playlists, so to change all I do is press the up or down key. It actually works pretty good, and it works from the helm or the transom. It was worth the $50 for me.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

When I use my cheaper Clarion WS746 EQ that does not have the 'dual zone control', I am able to control volume to both tower and cabin speakers independantly using the fade knob.

I cannot adjust the EQ of both zones independantly, but I can use the high/low pass on the amp and adjust EQ for the zones together.

My EQ is not marine, but it was only $60. We will see how long it lasts. First season, no problem. If you wanted you can get a mic and plug it into any EQ as well.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Thanks everyone for all of the help. Its all just clear as mud now, lol! If I do end up changing things out... I'll have a few extra items for sale. Like a Roswell 4 speaker bar with 4 Polk db651's complete with Speaker Sox covers with embroidered Supra logos (brand spankin new..seriously less than 2 weeks old). How much would something like this go for, any idea?

So with a ws420 i can also tell my rider how awesome they are doing over the tower speakers

with the the pac lc1, i have to turn down the speakers and yell back at them
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

You guys can't compare a potentiometer to a WS-420. Im not saying the WS piece is gold, but it's VERY functional, and does more than anything else like it on the market. I even put one in my CTS-V!
    My Install Gallery

yea, I'd second what john said re the pak LC1

two totally different things. the LC1 is a simple knob that can help a user fade / blend tower speaker levels. the WS420 is a stand alone full blown EQ. LC1's are handy, and lots of guys use them. thats all. If your looking for an eq, definitely steup to the 420

-Brian

Just a couple of zone control considerations.

The Clarion is a pretty good EQ. The lowpass crossover is fixed at either 60 or 90 Hz and non-defeatable. A fixed crossover no higher than 90 Hz doesn't give you the ability to optimize every sub/satellite system.

In a super clean EQ its hard to top the Audio Control. While it has built-in crossovers you have the ability to select any frequency.

Of course the WetSounds WS420 is unmatched in functionality.

In addition to the PAC LC-1 consider the JL Audio CL-RLC line driver. Its only $60 and it delivers 7.5 volts. The level control is strictly a voltage controller so that it is not in the audio path. So in a more recent Supra where both the source unit and amplifiers are on the port side you don't have to run long to-and-from audio cables in order to place zone controls at your fingertips. The controller is so tiny you can place them (includes flushmount) very close to your throttle.

Its unfortunate they don't generally build separate fader controls into the remote controls so you'll have convenient and independent zone operations. And even when the source unit is on the starboard side, the menu takes too long to access the internal controls.

David
    Earmark Marine

Can you only get a ws 420 thru wetsounds?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Can you only get a ws 420 thru wetsounds?
    No........
    My Install Gallery