Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best place for amps??????????

OK Boys. Little help!!!

I'm getting restless. Thinking about moving my amps around and making a cleaner look. Want to hide all wires and secure the amps in a nice looking set up. Any suggestions??? Pics would be great. I would love to have it professionally done but I was just laid off so I can't justify spending the cash. Just want to do something to take my mind off of my situation. I'm sure you guys have some nice systems out there. Let me see!!! Need ideas to bounce around.

Like always....Thanks in advance!
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Did you see this thread from earlier this week?

This is where and how my amps are mounted (mine from factory)

http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=5519
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

i don't see any pics of yours Todd
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

We've got around 30 examples with photos in our Supra gallery.

Its best to locate all amplifiers in the port locker close to your batteries.

You'll need marine-grade non-mildew rubber-backed carpet, solvent-based birch plywood(no MDF or water-based adhesive construction), polyester or epoxy fiberglass resin, a small amount of KingStrarboard or HDPE polymer risers/pads, possibly an aluminum 'L' bracket or two, contact glue, staples and some stainless steel hardware.

There are alternate methods and materials but if you execute the above correctly, your amp rack will out last your boat. All of these materials are very affordable in the quantities you'll need and all materials are readily and locally available to you.

David
    Earmark Marine

TG

I did see your post. Great job by the way. Have you finished it up yet?

I am thinking of making mine look a lot like yours. The only difference will be that I have my 2 subs in there as well. Starting to run out of room.

David

I am going to check yours out now. I bought some things from you guys a while back. Just a few minor parts. I also talked with you at the boat show. You guys are a lot of help.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

Sorry Doc, I meant to say that mine are like what Fman did, but from the factory!

CM - that's Fman's work, not mine. Mine are similar to his, but they came that way
    from Skiers Choice. Didn't mean to confuse.

oh, I got ya.

Well.....Nice work FMAN
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

I'm not gonna post mine again as it's been posted in countless threads here, unless you want me to. My amps are mounted to the back of the bow seating inside the console and I used a piece of 1/4" masonite to make it flat, instead of curve around for where it follows the seating.

Port side, as David explained, but if you're careful with your boat then you'll be okay with MDF and normal carpet. I always recommend OEM carpet so it will match.

The cupholders on teh deck of my boat weren't sealed, and a drain wasn't ran to them. And from the factory, the amps and electronics were directly below that cupholder. Since I rebuilt the stereo I ran a drain line to the cupholder. Now, nothing gets wet inside that console. EVER. I've been caught out in storms, and the boat has sat outside during storms. There ARE places that stay dry on boats.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

jonyb

You don't have to post yours again. I would like to see how you did it though. I will search your threads and see if I can find it. I'm curious how a pro like yourself would do it.

Thanks
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS