Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Powder Coating Tower

So does anybody know how difficult and how much it might cost to powder coat the tower on my boat? I am assuming that you would have to just remove the tower and take it in to place that does it. Any input would be great. Thanks!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I'm planning on calling my powder guy and seeing what he will do for me. The tower will need to be broken down so the powder is coated on everything. The only thing I have not figured out is how I can leave a fishtape of some sort through the tower so when it is done I can pull my speaker wires right back through. I can't imagine how hard it would be to run wires without something already through it to pull with. I'm thinking I could use some bailing wire, have it pull through as I remove the speaker wire then just reconnect the speaker wire and pull the bailing wire back out when done. The bailing wire is rigid enought be bent and held away from the tower while getting powdered.

I'll try and call today and update here in a few.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Dusty its not hard to fish the wire through. I did on my old Nautique all you need to do is tie a cotton ball to some strong fishing line. Then put the cotton in the top of you tower and use you shop vac to suck the cotton and fishing line through.

You can also use the back of a sub magnite and nut tied to fishing line. Put the nut in the top of the tower and hold the magnite against the tower and drag the nut down the tower.

First one works much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by JONBLARC7 View Post
    Dusty its not hard to fish the wire through. I did on my old Nautique all you need to do is tie a cotton ball to some strong fishing line. Then put the cotton in the top of you tower and use you shop vac to suck the cotton and fishing line through.

You can also use the back of a sub magnite and nut tied to fishing line. Put the nut in the top of the tower and hold the magnite against the tower and drag the nut down the tower.

First one works much quicker.
    That's pure genius.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I was the same way until someone on wakeworld told me how to do it.

That's southern ingenuity at its best.

I love it.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Jon , thanks for sharing those words of wisdom.Its always a goodday when you learn something new
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I had my tower sandblasted and powdercoated for 150 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by jasonba1 View Post
    I had my tower sandblasted and powdercoated for 150 dollars
    That seems very reasonable. Where did you get it done at? (What kind of place)
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Jim at viper had it done with some people that are right down the road from him. Thats all this place did was powder coat