Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dual Batteries

Look at the last post of this thread and you can see some pictures of the Sure Power set up I just did.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...?t=8373&page=4

Power cable from the Sure Power to each battery, ground between the batteries, ground from the Sure Power to battery and you're done other than physical mounting.

Okie, is there any preference between the 1314 or 1315? I'm planning on installing the first amp and tower speakers and am not sure which will fit my application. I'm thinking the 1314 will work, any ideas?!

I'd say the 1314 would be fine. The 1314 is one way. The 1315 is two way. The difference is the 1314 is going to favor one of the batteries as the primary and only connect to the secondary when the primary is sufficiently charged. The 1315 will favor either battery and I could see where you could find yourself with a sufficiently charged "stereo" battery and a dead engine battery depending on how you wire things up.

I would rather the engine system favors charging the engine battery first then worry about the stereo battery. If the stereo battery ends up dead, oh well...I guess no tunes...but I can still start the boat to go home.

Clear as mud?

I'm thinking the 1314 should suffice!! And tunes or no tunes, I want the boat to start!! Been stuck in the middle of the lake once, no bueno!! Thanks for the help!

This is a really good discussion, especially since I'm getting ready to rewire my motor. It sounds like since I already have a Perko switch installed on my batteries, I don't need an isolator?
    Mine is not wired like some others though. On mine, the positive from each battery goes to the Perko switch and then there is a common positive cable going from the switch to power my panel under the dash. So if I am listening to stereo, it is drawing from wichever battery is selected at the time. Same for charging; whichever battery (or both) is selected, that's the one that gets charged. With this type of setup, is an isolator pretty much useless? I have a Guest battery isolator, but have never installed it.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com