Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default where to buy these?

I broke the wire off of the pins that go to my z-5 cargo rack. Where can I get it replced?

I'd call the maufacturer of your z-5 cover. Even if they don't replace them for free, they may be able to replace them at a reasonable price. I know the cables on the pins on my Z-5 are looking like they are ready to give up, as well as the little black inserts of the tower mounts where the z-5 attatches.
    I'd at least call and see what they have to say. Maybe someone here can help out with a 800# or a contact.
    Don't forget your meds!

I got cable that size, and some ferrels, and made my own.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

I would hope for how much money those dang things cost that they would warranty that piece of equipment for an extended period of time. Is it coincidence that one person’s broke; another said it looks like his are about to go, and third that said they already replaced them?

Just my 2 cents. I would LOVE to have a Z5 but for how much they cost, I can’t afford something like that right now. I just hope they have a good warranty for you folks.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I have had GREAT support from the Z5 people ... have you tried to see if they
    have the part, or are we all speculating?

They upgraded several parts of mine ... just for making a phone call -- without
    any hassle (new tops have some new features - I merely asked about them, they
    sent me the parts to do this for free).

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I never tried, guess I should.... When the first one on mine broke I just made new ones.
    My Install Gallery

Well I just left them a vms and sent an email. If I find out anything I will post it.

Ok, WOW!!!! right after I posted Ray from the Z5 company called me. He is sending me a few extra pins at no cost. He said the email system through his sight has been acting up and he has not received all the emails and should have the problem worked out soon. But you can call and leave a message at 407-227-4272 and he should get back with soon. He was VERY nice and easy to deal with. He is even sending some extra tow straps free of charge. Great guy and GREAT customer service.

Looks like I'll be calling soon. Doesn't hurt to have a few extra.
    My Install Gallery

I am really glad to hear that they have such good customer service. Now know that, I wouldn't feel as bad spending so much on the Z5. It is still SPENDY though. Thats awesome. I really believe that customer service MAKES a company, or in some cases, breaks them...
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis