Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello all

The Bullet coaxials and HLCD's (in 6.5") are direct bolt/screw in the roswell cans.

From my understanding, the wetsounds 650 coaxials require some shaving in the cans. However the new wetsound coaxials, rated at less power than the 650's, are a direct bolt/screw in.

I went Bullet due to looks and because they are rated for more power. Plus i didnt have to mod the cans at all. However, i didnt have wetsounds speakers i was trying to match like you do.

THe difference between the two quality wise is preference. Both are top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity08 View Post
    I did see a post that had it done. I believe it was on here. I guess they would be a direct bolt on. I'm going to get the 80s first. I looked your install page johnnyb. Why did you take the speaker mounts to install the 6.5 in your boat?
    The 650's are so much bigger than the Kenwood's that were in there, that I had to cut out the holes for them to fit. In order to do that, I had to disassemble the panels. Notice how when in the boat the speaker is tucked under the vinyl?
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

From my understanding, the wetsounds 650 coaxials require some shaving in the cans. However the new wetsound coaxials, rated at less power than the 650's, are a direct bolt/screw in.
    The Kicker speakers may have been different, but my Roswell can's had Kenwood speakers, and the holes had to be cut out. It was simple though, I used a jigsaw and was done in 10 minutes.

The 650's require more power, having a larger magnet. The SS-65's, are a little cheaper, but are basically the same speaker with a smaller magnet so they'll require less power. Both are great speakers.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Welcome, that 24SSV is SWEEEET! I love that color scheme, graphic package and trailer combo.... white is so easy to take care of! Im jealous......

Great looking boat.....
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

One other thing, I noticed it looks like you have the old push button swivel board racks, how are they holding up for you? Many of us with '07-'08's had to have them replaced because they were becoming very loose. Roswell will replace them for a $100 for a much better pin-style set-up that will not shake, or rattle when you are driving the boat.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

They just started coming loose at the end of the season. Who do you need to get ahold of? Just call Roswell? I was also kicking arround the idea of igetting one of the new tower that just came out. But tt may be more than I would like to spend.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

I actually just ordered the new swivels. Mine started sticking and one was actually stuck for a few days. I finally played with it enough to get it spun around. I should get my new swivels on Friday!

Just email them and they will send you a credit authorization form. Its $100 plus shipping. To Washington State it was $15. I think it will be worth it for sure!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Can you post some pics of the new ones. I may see if they can be rebuilt.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

I will post them when they come in, no problem!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity08 View Post
    Can you post some pics of the new ones. I may see if they can be rebuilt.
    Well worth the $100, and rebuilding would probably be a huge headache. Here is a picure of the new pin style. They are solid and work great, direct bolt-on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV