Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carpet on Boat Buddy...

So I am thinking about doing this to keep the scuffs down on the nose of the boat. My question is, has anybody done it before? If so what kind of adhesive did you use? Thanks!

Oh, and I'm not really a big fan of the Boat Buddy Either. It seems like a good idea on paper but mine doesn't really work that well.... Hopefully this might help a little bit.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Tay Tay,

Depending on the ramp (and the level of the water on the ramp), I have a love/hate
    relationship with my boat buddy. At some levels and steepness of the ramp, it works
    FANTASTIC -- others, it's a little "harder".

But - let me know how the carpet works out.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I guess that is true. There are some days where it just slips right up and clicks in. Other days, not the case! I let everybody know what I end up doing.

Any ideas on a good adhesive?
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I hate my boat buddy!!!!!!!! As soon as it warms up and I take my boat out for the first time the good old trusty roller is going back on!!!

They talked about this on wakeworld alittle while back.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ght=boat+buddy

Call Jerry at Boatmate and buy the new roller they're selling. You'll throw rocks at that stupid Boat Buddy when you see how much easier it is to load the boat, not to mention launching and you won't have to stand on your head trying to pull the pin to release it.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    Call Jerry at Boatmate and buy the new roller they're selling. You'll throw rocks at that stupid Boat Buddy when you see how much easier it is to load the boat, not to mention launching and you won't have to stand on your head trying to pull the pin to release it.
    I remember you saying something about needing to do modifications to the trailer. Was that because of the roller or just a faulty trailer?
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

The Boat Buddy wasn't the greatest idea. I'm not saying that Jerry told me that, but he said they now prefer the roller. AFter talking to him for a few months, sending a few pics, he decided that the bowstop was too high on my trailer. So I took it down there with the boat, they adjusted it, then launched/loaded the boat at a ramp. They also strengthened the bunkmounts and adjusted the brakes. It's perfect now, and the boat loads much better. They definitely are a stand-up company....
    My Install Gallery

Thats good that they helped you out. Unfortunately I dont have the ability to take my trailer to them because I am on the other side of the country. I will call them though and talk to them about the roller and maybe send them pictures and see what they think about it needing any adjustments and maybe we could find someone here in the northwest that could work on it if it does. Thank you for the referral John!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

You're trailer may be fine. Try out the roller and go from there....
    My Install Gallery

I have gained skill with my boat buddy over time. I like it, seems fast and easy to launch by yourself if needed. I back the trailer in so the bunks are 95% underwater (just the bow-forward tips sticking out). The bunks must be wet.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey