Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mikey, you're boat is a 1987. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a totally different world and hull shape from what we're talking about. I can load my boat on my own with the roller. With the Boat Buddy I couldn't. The BB is rubber. When the rubber would contact the boat, IT WOULD STOP THE BOAT. It would then push the truck/trailer up a few inches and then all movement would stop. It didn't matter at what depth the trailer was. If it was too low, then the boat would be stuffed. If it was too high, then the boat couldn't get far enough up the bunks. With the BB, the driver of the truck would have to have the trailer out of the water farther, then when the boat gets as far up the bunks as possible, the truck would have to back down slowly, while powering the boat on at the same time. With the roller, the nose of the bow can hit it, and the roller rolls, just like it should, allowing the boat to lift up to come on the trailer. THe BB just stopped the boat.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

That's really funny that you said that John because I have/had the same issue. When you load it would just stop. Or you would have to give it a little extra ump on the way up them it hits pretty hard and definetly jolts the truck and trailer. I had one guy get REALLY mad at me because I was giving it too much gas trying to get it all the way on and apparantly I was causing a rukus behind me and his boat was hitting the dock. Whoops. Anyway, I can totaly relate to what you are talking. I am acutally kind of excited about looking into a roller
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I just emailed Jerry so we will see what he says!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    AFter talking to him for a few months, sending a few pics, he decided that the bowstop was too high on my trailer.
    I had the exact same problem and also talked to Jerry. I cut the bowstop down myself and pitched the BoatBuddy in the garbage...works much better with the new roller and the boat now fits the trailer with the lower bowstop.

Awesome. I just ordered the roller this morning. Shipping and handling sucks I tell you, haha. I am pretty excited to get it transitioned over and hopefully have a better time at the ramp. Thanks for the input guys!
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Sounds nice. That is different than my experience for sure. Have a pic of this new roller at all? Glad you found a solution.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

This is the link to the part...

http://www.boatmateparts.com/product...-55-1202BR.htm

It looks like a standard roller to me.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I have had boat buddies on my last 3 boats (01 X star, 06 21V, 09 24SSV) and I have never had a problem with putting my boat on the trailer. If used properly the boat buddy is great and saves someone from getting in the water to winch the boat up. It will leave a little bit of rubber on your bow so I think adding carpet is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kporsch View Post
    I have had boat buddies on my last 3 boats (01 X star, 06 21V, 09 24SSV) and I have never had a problem with putting my boat on the trailer. If used properly the boat buddy is great and saves someone from getting in the water to winch the boat up. It will leave a little bit of rubber on your bow so I think adding carpet is a great idea.
    Nobody's ever had to get in the water to winch mine up.

I have however had to get in the water to pull the stupid pin on the BB because it jammed the last time I'd loaded it. 5000# pulled against that pin isn't a good thing.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery