Default On Board Charger

So I got my on board charger installed last night. I went with a Guest 2 Bank 12A (6A per bank) "intelligent" battery charger. Here is the link if you want details about it. http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...l/GU16102.html

2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Looks nice man!
    It also looks like you got your batteries moved? Did you have to lengthen or replace your main battery cables, or was there enough slack in the line to move the batteries that far forward?

The positive battery cables were fine, they still reached. I had to get some negative battery cables made to extend the negative side of things. I made my own "distributor block" with a bolt and a wing nut. It seems to work pretty nice. The positives are ran along the right side, the negative runs to the left behind the amp rack and then to the batteries.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Nice mod, looks great... that is on my list for next winter.....
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Nice Job Tay

I am going to add one pretty soon. Let me know how you like this one.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Nice Anthony. When I put mine in, I only used the 3Amp version, http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...l/GU2607A.html
    and haven't had a problem - but then I don't drive my stereo real hard either.

I can also imagine with the Optima's, you really have to have the higher current.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Todd, you are the one who referred me to that website, so thanks. It was actually nice because they are just in Southern Oregon it only took 2 days to get it. After doing a little bit of research and talking to the guys at batterystuff, I decided on the 6A. After one night they were charged and ready to go. First real test will be after a 8 hour day on river.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Tay,

How difficult was that to install?
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

It was super easy. It says not to mount it to carpet so we got a piece of wood and just carpeted the edges. We screwed that into that pillar there and then mounted the Charger to that. After that you just hook up the batteries, select which Chemistry you have and plug her in. For now I just ran the cord to the cup holder area on the port side but eventually I am going to get an extension cord and run it to the port side ballast compartment and hang it on a hook like jonyb has his set up. They make through hull adapters for the plugs that seem pretty cool. You just have to make sure the charger will work with it.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

I went with the Pro Mariner ProSport 12. I hooked it up back in January. It is also a "Smart Charger" It will actually send more than 6 amps to each battery, depending on what is needed from what I understand. It inducates when they are charges and when it is Maintenance mode.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold