Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Planning on doing exactly that
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Dusty

I think I'm going to join in and do this mod as well. May hit you up and make a trip up there to you. I'm recently getting into doing these kinds of mods and I'm not too schooled on technical things. May want a pro to guide my way. I got the beer or alcohol!!!
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

I'll let you know once I get it done. I'll also snap some pics of how I'm setting it up. I'm setting it up to not be attached to the boat and also will have an additional hose to use it on the V-Drive and Tranny.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Alright, I finished it up and changed the oil today after spending all day getting her all clean! Here's how I have it set up:
    Factory Drain Hose, nothing done yet, just wanted to show

Here, I cut the factory drain hose and but a 3/8 hose barb with a 3/8 thread on each end of my cut, and clamped them with hose clamps.

This shows the ball valve connected between the two pieces I just made. I did it like this because I am making it "portable" and not attached to the boat. When it's oil change time, I remove the hose clamp and the short end with the factory end and replace it with a short piece of tubing that goes to the pump.

This pic shows the pump hooked up. Like I talked about above, the short factory piece has been removed from the bard threaded into the ball valve, and the short clear hose took its place. This now is hooked to the pump, with the output running over the transom to the ground. I used some speaker wire and cut it long enough to run to my battery. I spliced on some permanent alligator clips so I can just clip it on. Also, about 8 inches above the pump, you will see toggle switch. I put that on the hot wire so I could sit back there in the locker while it is pumping and turn it off quickly if need be. It worked perfect.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

---Continued---

The sun ruined this pic, but this is with it pumping oil. I warmed the boat up (with the intake hose in a bucket and a water hose keeping the bucket full) to 135, but should have warmed o 150+. The oil came out without any issues. It was still thick, so a hotter temp would have been better. It pumped out right under 5 quarts, and the filter poured out about 1/2 when I pulled it off. Thats pretty dang good.

Just for kicks, afterward I wanted to make sure all the oil came out. I stuck a spare length of hose on the ball valve and ran it out the transom. I let it sit for about 30 minutes, and not another drop came out of the drain.

You can see in the pic above that my collector can is now on the swim platform. I had Ash set it there so I could watch it fill. At first, it was on the ground in case something went wrong. Next time, my output hose will be long enough to pump it into a container in the back locker. The long hose was not necessary, now I know. At the end, when the oil was nearly all out, I moved the pump down under the engine so it could get a little lower. Other than that, it stayed propped up right where the pic shows it.

The way mine is set up, once complete I just had to close the ball valve, unhook the pump, clamp the factory piece on the other end of the valve and done. The pump does not stay in the boat. All I need to do to use it for draining the V Drive is get a reducer to fit a hose that will allow to get to the bottom of the V Drive. The 3/8 hose looks like it will fit in the transmission fill, so all 3 fluids can be removed with this pump.

When I was done, I just dropped the inlet side of the hose into a bucket of water and let it pump it out to clean the tube out.

Hopefully this helps, the idea was all Gravity08's. And I think it was a damn good one!
    Last edited by dusty2221; 03-28-2010 at 11:00 PM.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thanks Dusty. Ease and being clean was the idea.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

Lookin good!!! Nice thread!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500