Hybrid View

Default Gravity08's oil pump mod - UPDATE - COMPLETED w/Pics

I swung by Lowes today after lunch and picked up the few pieces I should need to add the oil bump to the Supra. Now I just have to wait on the pump to get here. This is the pump I ordered from www.NorthernTool.com . It has the same specs as the one he posted pics of, but it cost less. It's rated for 1GPM of pumping, that's a fast oil drain!!!

Pump:
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4109_200394109

Parts:

My Lowes trip consisted of:
    2 pack of hose Clamps to fit a 3/8 hose
    2 - 3/8 ID Barb with 3/8 male threaded end
    1 3/8 Gas Ball valve (both ends are female 3/8 ID to accept the barb above)
    4 foot of Clear Braided PVC Tubing. (they had a book of info on tubing and it showed to be oil resistant)

Total cost at Lowes: $16.71
    Pump Cost shipped: $48.85

Total Cost: $65.56

I'm hoping the 4 ft of hose is enough to allow the drain hose to reach an oil pan on the ski platform. If not, I've got some fuel line at home I can splice in. I can't wait to get this done. From what I understood, Gravity went with a 1/2 ball valve and used a fitting to taper down to the 3/8. I eliminated that need by finally finding a 3/8 ball valve.

I'll update as I get it done. Pump should be here quickly, they ship out of Texas.
    Last edited by dusty2221; 03-28-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I am VERY excited about this as well --

Gravity, do you run the line over the transom, or do you take it out the drain?
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

You could do it either way. I run mine over the transome. I added another barb fitting to the end of my hose for the stock cap. Im not sure if the fitting will go out the drain hole.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

I plan on just rinning mine over the transom. My dad has a Baja Hammer, and I talked to him after picking up the parts. WE are going to set both boats up to where the pump can be shared. It will not be mounted in the boat. Rather than connect the ball valve to the pump, I am going to connect it to the main drain line and then leave a short section of hose on the other side so the pump can be quickly attached when needed for either of us. This will also eliminate having to coil up the piece of hose that will be used to drain over the transom. It will stay with the pump. (portable)
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

DUsty,

I was thinking of making mine also not be "in the boat" - but I will see, when I actually
    can get to this project.

It was 73 here today - so I went for motorcycle ride (lakes still iced over) -- and they are predicting 10" of the white stuff for Friday ... Colorado Spring.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I assume your boats dont have a hull plug right under the engine like mine does (maybe it is just a direct drive thing)? I have a valve on the drain plug that I just put a short piece of hose on and drain it out the bottom of the boat.
    Supra Comp TS6M- DIYWake tower powdercoated black, custom graphics (by me), soon to have a gt40p top end swap including EFI from 2000 Explorer- with lower intake from 351 Lightning. All controlled by Megasquirt and speed density tuned by myself.