Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad weather this weekend...

While we were eating the temperature droped 19 degrees. They are claiming 2-4 inches of snow. Makes me feel real good about going out last weekend (now that the boat has been sumerized). We just got back from putting our heating blankets over it. Guess I need to pay closer attention to the forcast in the future.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

Well that was unexpected.

I normally don't get mine ready until around Mid-April. I have been boating in late March in the past, but the weather's too unpredictable then, plus the boat was a Baja and wasn't any fun if other people weren't out to tie up to.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Texas weather is crazy. I was sure we were on the warming trend. I just drove my brother in law's GSXR around Lake Sonoma today. 70 degrees. I actually saw a wakeboard boat out there on a glass surface. I picked a good week to get out of Texas.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

75 on Wednesday, as I look out right now - there is a foot of snow -- Sunday will be 60, but this is spring here in CO ... haven't even TRIED to get the boat ready.

Good Luck!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I'm with Todd, boat is still under cover and a tarp, with the weather in the 60's I'm more worried about mold!!!!!!!! If you're already on the water I seriously envy your geo. location!!!!
    90 Conbrio

We're getting snow here in OK as well. Crazy but not completely out of the question.

I was hoping to unwinterize ours today to and take it for a cruise...Not a chance. Maybe next weekend. Hopefully this will be the last freeze for north texas
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

they were still driving trucks on the lake 2 weeks ago!!! But not anymore... can you say early spring?
    Last edited by docdrs; 03-20-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

It started snowing about 12 today. We just got done feeding the cows and Im drinched...

I had a 3 hour delay in Dallas on Saturday night because of snow and they ran out of fluids to de-ice the plane. I thought that was kind of crazy seeing snow like that in Texas.

This is only my 2nd winter ever having to truly winterize a boat. I moved from California and never worried about it before. I am itching to get the new boat on the lake since I have not even seen her on the water yet. Do we need to wait until it stops dropping below freezing during the night? I have heard others say that as long as it is not continuous days of staying below freezing you should be fine.
    2006 Launch 21 V