Default Depth Finder...help

I have a 2001 supra launch ssv, and my depth finder flashes all the time with the wrong depth. The water will be around 30ft deep and my gauge will show 180ft. Any help would be great on fixing this problem

When the unit is reading 180ft, is the number flashing? If so, then the unit has "lost" the bottom. You may want to check to be sure that the transducer under the boat is clean.

I know that some depth finders have a sensitivity adjustment. Not sure if it applies to yours, but it might be worth checking out. I am away from home, so I can not check my owners manual for the dpeth finder, but I think it mentions how to adjust it.
    1988 Supra Mariah
    4 blade prop
    CD with Sub and 2 Amps
    Wake Designs extended pylon

I checked the transducer it appears to be clean. Every now and then it will show the correct depth...Rarely. I do not have a depthfinder manual so I am not sure how to check the sensitivity.

Is this the factory installed unit and is it a Lowrance? If so, perhaps the dealer, factory or manufacturer can offer some suggestions.

it is a factory installed item, thanks for the help.

Default depth finder

I have a 2001 Launch SS. My unit leaked the mineral oil fluid and had air between the transducer and the bottom of the hull. I resealed the unit at the hull and filled it up with fresh mineral oil. Works great now.
    H2Oman
    06 24SSV GG

Default Depth gauge no worky

Make an appt. with your local dealer. It can only be one of 3 things, the transducer, a wiring issue, or a faulty gauge. If the gauge has been reading correctly, and abruptly started reading erratic, and you feel you have a good clean transducer mount, and can still adj. your shallow, chances are it may be the gauge itself. Brian Raymond

If you are getting stuck in choosing antivirus for your PC, well, I found a solution for it on the internet Norton 360 Deluxe VS Premium with this depth review about antivirus you can easily select the best antivirus for you PC according to your niche.