Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Wakeskating? anyone?

Is anyone wakeskating these days? I just picked up a wakeskate a couple months ago and have heard its a lot easier on your body than wakeboarding, especially when you fall.

Just wanted to find out if anyone here is riding wakeskates? Any pics? Tips?
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

the thing I noticed was that the board can get away form you quickly......
    Very forgiving though!
    90 Conbrio

It is more forgiving for just riding. If you start doing tricks it can hurt. Specially when the board hits you in the face. I must admit, I love to charge at a double up, hit it hard fly up then dive into the water with no board. Very cool feeling.

My wakeskate experience is different from you guys! I know one speed on the wakeskate, which is balls out! I've had just as many painful skate crashes as board crashes! I give it a go everytime. Eventually I should improve....I hope, lol.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I'm with saltare inverts, I find it difficult to do tricks but its a lot of fun to hit the wake hard and fly as far as you can!! I'd say when you start trying tricks, though, the falls are just as hard if not harder.

If you have any experience skateboarding I'd think it would be alot of fun.

I usually try wake to wakes but not yet successful. Surface 3's, attempted ollies, one wake 180s, butter slides are pretty easy. Shuvits are hard. Body varials are funny - miss the board and BUBBLE- pencil jump underwater.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

From my experience, when you Start working on the ollies and shove-its is when the falls become harder than wakeboarding. There isn't a gradual fall. One second a board is under you and next your face is against the water. I wish I could try jumping the wake like mikey mentioned, there is just no chance of keeping the board under me.

My 15 year old switched completely to skating because he felt the falls don't hurt nearly as much, even doing tricks. He also likes how quick it is to jump off the boat, grab the rope and go, then when he falls he doesn't worry about getting back in the board, etc. He makes 4-5 runs, then he is done.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Thanks for the feedback, definitely seems like not being in bindings would make the falls a little easier than wakeboarding. Anyone who has wakeboarded has caught and edge, and this does not feel good at all! I almost got a concussion last year, this is why I started wearing a helmet and it makes a huge difference when you hit the water.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I think Im getting a helmet this year too. Like Mikey said, surface 180s, ollies etc. are quite easy on wakeskate. I landed all of them first try. But i have yet to clear wake. I admit, I ride barefoot and love the freedom.