Default Sales vs Classifieds

Just a friendly note. This sub-forum is for commercial sales (ie deal of the day, skidim sale, product reseller) or for information about sales.

Please use the Classifieds forum for private sales listings or member to member sales.

I highly encourage the use of PayPal to add some measure of security to your purchases. Do not send checks or cash in the mail.
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 03-31-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

except for jonyb, I just sent him a money order ,very good purchase experience with him thanks john
    Last edited by docdrs; 04-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I would also watch out for scams when a seller asks for you to use the Ebay Vehicle Protection Program even though the item is not listed on Ebay. Before I purchased the Supra I found a deal for a '07 MB Sports B52 that some lady was going to sell for $18k in California. I told her I would have someone there that day to check it and run it for me and if it looks good they could provide a cashier's check for the purchase. Long story short she insisted the transaction be made through the Ebay VPP. Once I did some research on it there is a long list of scams from private sellers pushing this service. Thankfully I passed and now am a proud Supra owner.
    2006 Launch 21 V

Quote Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
    I would also watch out for scams when a seller asks for you to use the Ebay Vehicle Protection Program even though the item is not listed on Ebay. Before I purchased the Supra I found a deal for a '07 MB Sports B52 that some lady was going to sell for $18k in California. I told her I would have someone there that day to check it and run it for me and if it looks good they could provide a cashier's check for the purchase. Long story short she insisted the transaction be made through the Ebay VPP. Once I did some research on it there is a long list of scams from private sellers pushing this service. Thankfully I passed and now am a proud Supra owner.
    I just recently ran into this same scam, except with 4 wheelers. Good heads up!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Wise choice scotthons (to back out of the other transaction). Otherwise, you would have been an outsider to this wonderful family...
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

I had a guy in the military overseas that wanted one of my comps. He was going to pay asking price and pay with paypal. Then send somebody to pick it up. I told him to use paypal to pay the pickup guy and have him get cash to pay me. I never heard from him again.