Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hey scott, can i just put that 400 bag on top of the 650 i have back there on the surf side???

I wouldn't put it directly on top of the 650, I'd fill the bag so it's half on the sun pad, half on the seat. As you add more weight, play around with your speed and wakeplate settings. We usually surf between 10.7-11.2, depending on how much weight is in the boat, and the wake plate is between 25-50% down. Additional weight will obviously make the wave taller, and the higher speed will make the pocket longer because it's planing the boat out a little more. What year is your boat?

Here's a picture to show my bag placement

2005 Supra Launch 22ssv - yellow/black

hey Scott, Can i just put that extra 400 bag on top of the 650 that i put in the back???

got ya, Thanks my 22ssv is a 2008 . Your wake is sweeettt dude

I'd worry if you put the added weight of the 400 directly on top of the 650 it would force water out of the bottom bag.

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Here's a quote from Jason at Wakemakers...

"You would need to put a VERY large sac on top of the factory one in order to develop enough pressure to force water out of the bottom of the bag (where the drain pump is attached) and through the drain fitting in the side of the boat. So there's really no risk to doing that, it's mainly just the convenience issue of having one larger bag connected to your factory system for automated filling and draining vs. having to manually fill a bag after your factory system is done filling."

Anyone know if you can remove the quick disconnect fittings on the stock ballast bags. I heard these fittings are glued in place. To turn this spare 400 bag into portable ballast, I will need to install different fittings to use a Tsumai pump. Right?

I've read about heating them up with a hair dryer to loosen the glue. Haven't tried it though. Another option may be to just add a very short piece of hose from the stock fitting to new fitting. Probably wouldn't be the prettiest, but would serve it's purpose.

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

I know I sound like a PITA but another quote from Wakemakers....

"Please DO NOT use a heat gun to try to remove the fittings from your bag, you will ruin the flange and destroy the bag.

If anyone wants to remove cemented fittings from their bags give us a call and we'll walk you through the process. I'd hate for someone to trash a bag trying to get the fittings out."

Don't hate me, I'm just passing info along to hopefully help you out.

Well, I guess I'll just shut the F up now.
    Atleast Johnny HAS a ballast system right now.

Surf on!