Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default My New 87 Sunsport!

Well, I'm one happy man! Just recently purchased my 1st boat and couldn't be any happier with my choice! I scored a beautifully cared for and reworked Sunsport. The fella I bought the boat from took meticulous care of the boat and performed a massive amount of work all professionally done. The stringers and floor have all been handled as well as new beautiful interior all done 2 seasons ago. The boat also has plumbed ballast, 50 gallons under the back seat and 50 more upfront, its a great start (I'm a surfer, so gonna need a bit more). Great samson tower and a raging stereo, amps subs the whole deal. The trailer is in pretty rough shape, but I'm working on that as well as all of the teak which I've pulled off and already sanding down. The boat is full of great details, ipod jack added, LED lights on both amps and over all cabin speakers, dual batteries, electric ignition, new exhaust and a heater. Just super stoked on this badboy! 500 hours so just gettin broke in. I've been loving this forum, everyone is full of incredible info. I've also buffed her out and getting ready to pull off the rubrail and install new ones. I'll keep the forum up to date on the progress and be updating pics as the work is completed. Here are a few shots of the boat the day I bought her. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SWEET BOAT!!! Man, that's a real beauty. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Thumbs up

Thats a keeper congrats. Welcome to the forum.

DGreen I am proud to award you the Find of the Year award, congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing how much she was? The interior looks GREAT!!!! Kewl u got a heater! The trailer looks stock, it is a nice trailer very stable and no wobble on the road.

About the ballast I used a 750 surf sac FlyHigh on the floor for surfing. I also added a 350lb sac in the rear ski locker. If you have the 1:1 trans look into the ACME 911 10.5 x 13 3 blade prop from nettleprops.com for about $350.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Great find, she's a beauty!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thanks a lot! I paid 9k for her but they were asking 12k. After crunching the numbers, I knew I couldn't even get close to that number with all of the work done, the previous owner had 17k in her! So feeling blessed for sure. That's great to know about the ballast, I've seen your photos you've got surfing behind your boat and that fired me right up! I was stoked to see someone surfing a legitamate wave behind a boat like mine! Good work! I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions as I tune in my surf wake. As for props, my boat has a brand new 4 blade, not sure of the pitch, and a back up 3 blade, I'll have to do some research and find out the pitch. Ya, the trailer is super solid, just needs some TLC. All of the carpet and plywood is pretty rough and rotten, so I've pulled it off and gonna rework it, as well as the lighting. Trying to get all of the work done before the water and air starts warming up, although i've already been out 3 times! Thanks a lot for the comments!

Very nice. It would be great if you could snap some more pics. I'd love to see placement of audio equipment and ballast.

Wow that is one clean sunsport! Nice find! love the interior

Very nice!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I will definately keep posting pics of the boat and the completion of projects as they happen. Put in some good time on the trailer today, so I should have some fresh pics for later tomorrow. It's great to find a group so stoked about Supras~