Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Supra, one bad idea ...

So after my first weekend in the new (to me) Supra have come to a conclusion. OVERRATED!!! This thing is terrible from normal boating, to pulling wakeboarder, and the surf, ha, it cant even make a surf wake!!!

I should have went with the Bu i was looking at. Far better quality and not to mention how much better of a WAKE boat it is. The Supra is WEAK.

Trying to dump this thing fast if any of you, blinded by a good deal, supra fans are looking for a boat, make an offer ... I need a real boat by summer.

Also, needless to say, the koozie thing is off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe you will feel differently on another day.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Man, sorry to hear that. I haven't heard many complaints like that about Supra's. I'll gladly come take it off your hands if you don't want it.

Sounds like you might need help weighting your boat right if that is the case. Unless you are kidding. Let us know what you are doing and what your issues were and maybe people can chime in and help you out.

Oh yeah and I will buy it cheap from you!!!

Looks like a crappy choppy day. Good luck getting a good wake when it sucks out like that. No surf wave? good luck getting a bu to surf like a deep vee Supra. How did u have it set up?

edit i got suckered, but my $7000 boat still kicks ass.
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 04-01-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Mikey, look at the calendar date.....
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

You gotta be kidding me...how did you not see that one coming?

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    So after my first weekend in the new (to me) Supra have come to a conclusion. OVERRATED!!! This thing is terrible from normal boating, to pulling wakeboarder, and the surf, ha, it cant even make a surf wake!!!

I should have went with the Bu i was looking at. Far better quality and not to mention how much better of a WAKE boat it is. The Supra is WEAK.

Trying to dump this thing fast if any of you, blinded by a good deal, supra fans are looking for a boat, make an offer ... I need a real boat by summer.

Also, needless to say, the koozie thing is off.

Are you kidding us? What year is your 24 ssv? If you dont have the 750 rear bags, then start there first. For surfing make sure and only fill one side, start with the just the rear 750 and then add some weight to the front playpen sack. Speed should be right around 10-11mph, wakeplate about 1/2 up. Your boat will make as good or better of a surfwake as a BU or any other 24' boat.

If you have an '08 or older the ballast fill will be extremely slow, would highly recommend you change to the JABSCO pumps or Tsunami pumps, this will make a big difference in fill times.

You would be one of the few that I have ever heard of being disappointed with a 24 SSV wake quality.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

LMAO, nice one! If you believe this type in www.google.com and check out googles new name (for the day). One of the best april fools joke ever! Dont believe it "Topeka it"!!
    Last edited by RanceOU; 04-01-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Rance
    09 Launch 21 V