Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Wakeboarder VS Fisherman

We all know that fisherman have a "extreme dislike" for wakeboarders, long time so called war but we would like to hear your side and your encounters when wakeboarders VS fisherman!
    ~Gravity08's Girl~
    08 24ssv Gravity Games

We haven't had too many problems with fisherman. I have always felt that most of them know where to go to catch fish so I try to give them some space. From my experiences most fisherman don't get to worked up if we are riding in the only smooth water which happens to be by them.

What we have had problems with is people parking and swimming in the middle of the only nice water on the lake. And the biggest problems we have are the dreaded tubers, there can be 10000 acres of rough water and 1000 acres of smooth water and it seems the only thing a lot of tubers want to do is make the smooth water rough.
    1988 Supra Mariah

Sounds like you've been lucky. We've had beer bottles, rocks and other misc. crap thrown at us while boarding and fisherman threating to beat our @$$ and it's not like we disturbing them or getting into their fishing space. We can just drive by and you can tell they are not happy were there.
    ~Gravity08's Girl~
    08 24ssv Gravity Games

Had some bass fisherman come over and tell me to go find another part of the river as we were breaking some law by wakeboarding where he was fishing.

I love those kind people make up laws to try and scare people away.
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

In Texas as long as we are 50 yrds from them we are legal but we also have the drunk hillbiliies here too lol
    ~Gravity08's Girl~
    08 24ssv Gravity Games

What gets me is they are on the bank... We arent rocking their boat. We are 150 ft from bank. Unless they just hate listening to the music. I guess maybe I need some Hank Williams for them. The last bottle that was thrown at me almost caused an @$$ whoopin.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

Im a boarder,skier and a fisherman. We all just have to share the waters.

Been lucky enough not to have anything thrown at us.

Pitty the fool who does though.
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Its all in knowing your rights. When we barefoot we typicallly run 100 ft from shore at 42 mph , but with a tower peeps figure your a wake monster. Had peeps tell me I couldn't do it there and try and get in our way. We ask them to call the police as we know we are doing nothing wrong. They just happen to have there place in nice water. So for those peeps when were done we load up the sacs and show them what we could have done. . How do ya like me now?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

In Indiana you are also repsoncible for your wake, so if you throw up such a large wake to flood someones yard, house, boat ect. you are resposible for the damages. I have been on both sides of that law. Al