Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Removing front seats '87 saltare

I am rebuilding a 1987 supra saltare and would like to know how the front bow seats come out. If anyone has removed them please let me know.

Always good to see another Saltare on the board. How extensive of a rebuild?

Forward facing seat backs - accessable under the dash and through the port storage locker.

Rear side panels - I don't remember how I got to the rear bolts (maybe up from under the bow playpen opening). Mine were towards the top - a long reach from anywhere. I remember thinking the factory either installed those panels before the cap went on or contracted some tall lanky NBA players to assemble. The front bolts through the speaker openings.

Front side panels - through the speaker openings

Front center panel - through the bow rope storage locker

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Default Thanx Syber

I would have never thought to look there! We are re-flooring the boat, stringers are ok but the floorboards were rotten. New carpet and trying to re-upholster the interior haha we will see how that one goes. I will also be adding a wake tower, not sure how hard that is. Again thank you so much for the advice!

How do you know the stringers are OK?

syber got you covered on getting the seats out. They're similar in the Sunsports, as well.

Default Hey

We pulled the floor boards all the way out and found no rot in the stringers. We drilled a couple holes and all the wood was solid. I assume it would have been pretty eveident if the stringers were bad right? I want to do this project right so if I may have over looked anything I absolutly would welcome better advice. The old floor boards are not rotten but while we had them out I just thought I'd put new ones in.
    Last edited by MATTH53; 04-08-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling error

If you drilled holes and found good wood, you're probably ok. I'd try drilling a couple holes towards the bottoms of the stringers in the bilge. See if any water seeps out. Take a core sample of foam near the main stringers also to see if there is any water in the foam.

Default Thanx

I had not thought of that at all. We did that after we read this and found the foam was dry as a bone and the bottom of th stringers good. The hull floor looks like it has some brand new epox in it also. It was a one owner and so far everything the guy told me was true. He thought the engine was siezed, but we put a little transmission fluid soak in each cylinder over night and the next morning sucked it out and the engine has ran great since with great compression all around!

Im have redone about 75 percent of my upholstery and put my own tower on my 86 saltare. If you have any questions I would be glad to help.

Default Awesome!

We will be asking you for pointers for sure haha. Does anyone know if the cooler for the front of the saltares is somthing that can be found at all. When I bought mine it didnt have one in it.

Matt You freaking rock bud! It is so awesome to hear about someone's boat with solid stringers haha! Good on ya' for replacing the floorboards, this will help the life of the stringers. I would put new carpet in too, mine is so shot.

Would love to see some pics!!

You should be able to find the cooler from someone parting out their boat. There should be one on the classifieds forum right now. Otherwise try Jim at Viper or call Anthony in parts at Supra for other sugesstions.

The tower should be okay to get on. The hardest part is reaching the underside of the hull to attach the tower mounts and backing plates. The rear ones I did throught the cabin speaker holes, the front ones by crawling into the open bow storage space. I taped my mounting plates to me backing plates and taped the bolts on too - all I did was hold it against the inside of the hull and have someone else turn the bolts. I have pics of this in my signature gallery under Monster Tower Install. Good luck!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey