Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default New carpet for sure!

Thanks Mikey, we are replacing the carpet as well. I have looked at a lot of marine carpet, started with a light gray that my boat had when I got it. Completed the flooring and decided I hated it haha. So we ripped all of that carpet out and going with black as to not show so many stains. I live in Washington State, so the carpet getting too hot is not an issue here haha. I am doing all new upholstery as well in black, we will see how that turns out I guess. I am also re-designing the saltare back seat to be a bench style instead to have more walk room. Thanks for the parts contacts I will see what I can find.

Yeah the rear bench seat is so weird the way they made it. I have seen people retain the same shape and same cushins but they rebuild the base to hold a sac. Other option that I want to do eventually is buy a hard tank to act as the rear bench seat base and just set the top on there. I rebuilt mine as well (the base) to hold a 260lb sac.

Not sure about the black vinyl, gutsy move!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Default Black

I wasnt too sure either about going black for the interior, but once I did the first piece I loved it....I will post some pics very soon!

You might check with Jim for carpet if you haven't gotten any already. I got mine from him. I got the medium grey they are putting in the new Supras. I bet he has the same style in black.

Default Carpet

I had a friend in town by the Marina who works at a one of the marine shops and got a discount on some carpet from another friend...not sure how many hands it passed through haha I just know I got a pretty good deal.

haha... solid stringers... where's the fun in that! J/K That's awesome news, I'm envious of anyone not having to go through this mess. I wanted to add that Home Depot and even Lowes have some really good outdoor capret at bargain prices...especially if you just want grey. I don't know if you can order special colors, but I did see grey and black. I'm not to that bridge yet, but I'm sure I'll burn it down when I get there. I wan't to see some pics too of the black.. I am wanting to do that as well and need a visual.
    Last edited by zalamander; 04-16-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Default Black on black

Yeah I saw those carpets also, probably the same stuff I bought at a cheaper price, but oh well haha. My cousin and I are rebuilding mine. His name on here is ilikeboats....you can see him on my friends list. He updates pictures of the boat all the time. My wife is a photographer and wasnt happy at first doing the "black on black" color scheme...but now that we have some of it done she loves it.

Default Just black to now lack and blue

So we were just going to do all black, but the wife added blue and I loved it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Upholstry question.

Hey, do you remember how you got the piece of upholstry out that is behind the throttle and next to the Drivers seat, I saw screws, pullen them, there were screws that hold the throttle in place pulled them, it still seems to be in there pretty good. I saw you replace this piece, wondering if you remember how you got this piece off, did you have to disconnect the throtle behind the wood backer? I had to take a break and do some research before I broke something. Well hopefully you can help, Thanks Devon