Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Exquisite -- holy moly

All this time, I thought I was keeping my vinyl pretty darn clean.

Everyone has been raving about this cleaner, here and over on WakeWorld BBS.

Imagine my shock at learning just how dirty it really was:

2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Shocking, isn't it?
    I, too, thought I was keeping a clean boat, only to be embarrassed at how dirty it actually was.

Crazy, isn't it Scott -- now when you see the 2 halves, you wonder how you ever
    thought the "dirty side" was clean ... but I have only done the back deck so far - the rest still looks good, at least it does until I get on it with the cleaner!

Definitely have to set aside a good part of the day to do the entire boat, but it's worth it. Now we just need to figure out who all these dirty animals are that we've been allowing on our boats. I can easily identify 2 on my boat....1 is 6, and the other is 15

Where did you guys get that stuff?
    2008 22SSV

I'm going to bombard you with a few links, but basically, you can get it from Susan at Ace Distributing: [email protected]
    Mention Wakeworld and/or Supra forums, and she'll pass on a little discount, otherwise you can get it through her ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/Ace-Detail-Supplies

Here's more information and a few threads about the cleaner:
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=6116
    http://wakeboatworld.com/reviews/vinyl-cleaner-showdown
    http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ight=exquisite

Can you use this on the new syntec vinyl ('08 and newer)? I heard some of the more aggressive cleaners will strip all the protectant out of the vinyl? Not sure if this is true, but have heard others mention it.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

The lady that sells this stuff delivered it to me the other day - we had a long talk
    about cleaners. She cleans vinyl and leather for a living and swears by this one, and
    says that it's the best - and conditions the vinyl. She said, whatever you do - please
    don't do the magic eraser that so many people are - THAT for sure strips
    the vinyl of all the built-in protectant, she said it was like SANDING the vinyl.
    She also talked about using bleach and how it will remove the built-in to newer vinyl UV protectant. She also advised against using any silicone based protectant, as it also has a negative effect on the vinyl over time.

She seemed genuinely concerned about satisfaction and using the best product,
    as she does this for a living. I also don't think this is an "aggressive" cleaner.

From her site: (I pcolored text in to highlight it)

Our vinyl/upholstery cleaning kit includes a 22oz. spray bottle full of our Exquisite Boat Care-Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner, a brush for cleaning the upholstery and a microfiber towel. Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner is specially formulated for use on boat vinyl, carpet, plastic, etc. It deep cleans your boat interior while lightly conditioning. It is strong enough to clean very dirty seats and remove stains that most other cleaners will not and gentle enough to use for regular maintenance cleaning keeping your boat vinyl soft and moisturized to prevent vinyl cracking.

As a technician in the upholstery cleaning and repair industry I personally have used this cleaner for the past 10 years, and it has been used by other professionals in this industry for over 20 years. I have tried most boat vinyl & upholstery cleaners on the market and nothing compares to Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery Cleaner. The difference is that most cleaners on the market are chemical based which strips your boat upholstery of vital moisture and Exquisite Boat Care's Vinyl/Upholstery cleaner is a water based cleaner which cleans without damaging the vinyl or upholstery.

In addition to doing an incredible job cleaning boat interiors, it also does an excellent job on leather and hard plastic. You can use it on auto interiors, as well as on leather furniture and vinyl covered chairs, booths, etc.

You could go on ebay and ask her that question.

Todd,

Did you get the conditioner as well? Or does the cleaner also condition the vinyl? I think I am going to order a bottle, looks the concentrated version is the best bang for the buck.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

All I bought was the Exquisite - claims to be a conditioner too -- but I still have a bunch of the good smelling babes that I will use after cleaning!

I bought the small spray bottle and the concentrate -- the small one comes with
    a nice detailing brush and a small towel.

BUT - I didn't have to pay shipping, as she was coming very near to where I work
    so she just dropped it off for me -- we had a nice chat.

Todd