Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I understand wanting it quiet, but I cant let go of my youth yet. I want to hear that expensive gas I bought being exploded in my 454 block. (insert Tim Allen grunt). Its sounds like a 70 muscle car. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by saltare inverts View Post
    I understand wanting it quiet, but I cant let go of my youth yet. I want to hear that expensive gas I bought being exploded in my 454 block. (insert Tim Allen grunt). Its sounds like a 70 muscle car. Love it.
    yeah, what he said.

I guess a set of zoomies are out of the question for an inboard? I love the smell of nitro in the morning.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

If you run the pipes out the side you loose room for ballast in the lockers.
    08 24ssv Gravity Games
    1200, 1100, and 750 Fly High Bags
    6 Optima Blue Tops
    Guest 10 Amp Charger
    WS420
    6 WetSounds Pro80s 10 xs650s
    3 zx850.4 1 zx550.2 1 zx1000.1
    Oil Drain Pump

i just want to be able to hear that big v8 more. i mean when i plane out and slow down i can hear it but id like to add a lil rumble! so i guess..theres nothing i can replace the factory exhaust with? and keep them running out the back?
    2002 Launch 22' SSV
    5.7 Indmar Assault

"wetter is better!"

Mike, do you super trapp exhaust? If so you can remove all of the baffle plates and add some basic flappers on the back, this will give you more rumble. If you do not have the super trap system, you can alsway completely remove the individual inline mufflers, I have done this for a few customers. Basically you can buy and install Marine fiberglass tubing used for exhaust, cut to length and install where the mufflers where. I would advise against having out the side exhaust as your fuel tank will be in the way. Good luck and let us know which way you go Al

I suppose no one will have to 6 inch polished exhaust pipes sticking up in the air like many Chevy and Ford diesel trucks you see now.

LOL! Yeah, what it up with that? I've noticed that a lot lately too. Is there some advantage to doing it that way or is it just to make it look tough?

I saw those. If they run in the bed (which it looks like,) I think it is so you melt/burn whatever you have in there. (ie coolers, camping gear, etc).
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Well they are running no mufflers so a little performance gain, but its mainly for looks. Of course to me it looks like you want to drive a peterbuilt but cant afford a full size one.