Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 86 Saltare Interior Rebuild

Here of some photos of my captains chair, bench seat, motor cover and boat cover I just rebuilt. Took me several tries to get captains chair right. Also took some head scratching to get cover rebuilt. I am pleased with the results hope you guys like? http://pbckt.com/sU.dU3J

Default interior

Love your pics, you have done a great job on everything. Good idea on the rear bench aswell. The PO I got my Saltare from had removed the passenger seat and moved the driver seat over and put a single WHITE captains chair in its place. I hope to rebuilt the original passenger seat and re-vinyl the single captains chair. It gives it a lot more room. We have also removed the tow bar and are currently hunting for a wake tower. I was looking at a wake tower the you can also tube off of.

That is a great lookin' boat. That gel coat and interior make the boat look like it's brand new.

Great work on the upholstery!!! Did you also modify the cover for the tower supports? It looks awesome. Matt, can't you pull tubes from the rear pull point on your boat? I know mine has that pull point, and pulling tubes is what I was planning on using it for.

Default Zala

Yeah you can pull from the rear, but I like the idea of not dropping the rope down when someone wants to tube instead, also you dont have the rope kicking any water in your face from skipping across the lake either. I found a wake tower that might fit the bill...the curves should go well with the boat. Just getting the wife to let me drop $1899.00 is the tricky part haha.

Here is the link

http://www.thefootersedge.com/equipm...tower_side.jpg

Tubing with a tower is a great idea. That spray from rope can be annoying. I bet most towers can handle a tube except were they attach to the boat. Im sure extra large plates at stress points would help distibute that weight out.
    Yes the cover now fits around my tower real tight. Worked out better than I thought it would. I used a generic fit all cover and modified it into a custom cover. It Trailers well.

Default Ignorant

So heres a stupid question. I want my boat exterior to look as good as yours. I have heard of wet sanding, gel coating and polishing etc....how do I know what level I need. How do you "Gel coat" haha sorry for the ignorance. Also if I "wet sand" the boat will I need to re-gel coat.

You can wet sand or you can use a cutting/polishing compound to get gel coat looking shiny again. It has to be in pretty bad shape to need a new gel coat. To get a awesome shine a new gel coat is best. You can DIY in want. Just google roll and tip gel coat, if that doesnt help I can explain it also. There are threads on here about polishing your gel back to a shine. Hope this helps.

That looks really good. Clean and simple.

Interior looks great. All that time in high school home economics class really paid of - ha ha. Seriously, great look. I like the new rear bench set-up - gonna be changing mine up as well.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____