Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dang, Mike - sorry to hear about the "oh, sh&!". Hate to see such a nice boat dinged up. Good news - it was the rope & not the board or boarder, it's on the bottom where you'll never see a repair, & it's fiberglass (you'll never know it was there after a good glass guy is finished). Professionally, the glass repair is probably ~ 500 bucks. Depending on your deductible, it might be worth the insurance route to get the shaft/strut work covered as well. Good luck.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

I didn't even think about insurance, but yes, that is why we have it for sure. I will probably call them today and see what my deductible is.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Tay that stinks. I ran over my rope last year and went diving too. Couldnt get it so ended up commandering someone's boatlift! Whew! HATE it when that happens. Very sorry to hear of the damage.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Yikes! You did a number on it. When you were saying thud thud and talking about being close to shore I thought for sure you hit something...glad that wasn't the case.

I'd take it in for an estimate, then go from there. It's doable yourself, but you want to do some research to understand how to do it right. There are some really good guys on another forum that have helped me...

www.correctcraftfan.com

They know a lot about glass and gel. You might post on there and see what they all say too.

Definitely check the shaft, prop, and strut, along with strut bearings carefully to make sure you didn't damage them. That can cause big issues down the road with your transmission if they got messed up.

So I just called insurance and I have a $500 deductable. I honestly think that it would be worth it to pay the $500 and get it all done right, get the alignment checked, the shaft, etc. That way I know she is good and I will have paperwork for everything, which will be nice when it comes to selling and upgrading

Is anybody familiar with doing insurance claims with boats? The lady said she didn't even know of any fiber places around here. I know of one, but I will look for more. I am going to need to get the fiber done, plus probably take it to another shop and get the strut and allignment checked.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Tay
    Check with your dealer they can usually set up the whole repair with mechanical and glass work. For 500 I would have it done also if there is anything bent in the drive it will cost a lot more than that for just parts. If nothing is bent you will have the peace of mind of knowing all is well and aligned properly.

I am totally in to doing my own projects but with insurance, definate route I would take. For resale its good to have pro do it also. So uh what kind of new rope and handle are you going to get?

So I got a fiberglass quote from the only place in town that does it just from the pictures I took. They quoted me $1300 for the fix. I haven't got a quote on getting the alignment checked, probably do that tomorrow or the next day.

For the new handle. I got a Proline LGS handle. I had the LG but at the store I liked the feel of the LGS a little better. I wanted to stay with the same brand. I am kind of weird like that, but I like to have matching things.

So I have a question for those who know about insurance, is there anyway I can squeeze more than just the bottom out of the same claim. I dont really want to break the rules, but there are some other areas that need repair as well i.e. the spot I drilled through the side of my hull when I was mounting an amp last year. I ghetto fixed it but it looks like crap. If anybody has any input, let me know. Maybe a whole new paint job....
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Boat insurance claim is sure to be a pain & full of hassles (just like cars). Expect to fight for all the "legitimate" issues, like the driveline. You can probably work out a side deal with who ever is doing the repair to fix a few additional things at a discounted rate since they alread have the boat.

Good luck.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

As sybrmike said the insurance will pay for all repairs related to the accident. Now would be the time to negotiate with the body shop for the other repairs. It will be easier for them to repair them all at the same time while the gel is mixed and matched. Turn in the receipt for the new handle it should be covered.