Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swim Pad Mat- Replacement (Black Feet!)

OK, so it took about 3 trips to the lake to figure out where these black feet prints were coming from! Needless to say i need to replace the swim mat on the back platform!

has anyone dones this? i wanna do it myself.

Where is the cheapest place to order it? seadeck.com is nice but im not paying $220 just for a mat that says supra!

hope yall can help!
    2002 Launch 22' SSV
    5.7 Indmar Assault

"wetter is better!"

Get on the Moomba forum and get in on a group buy from seadeck. They offer it at 20% of with 8 or more orders. I think they have one going right now.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I'm still not payin that much, thats crazy! i just want a roll of it and some good cement marine glue and im done
    2002 Launch 22' SSV
    5.7 Indmar Assault

"wetter is better!"

think im gonna go with this... figured id post it for yall that may need to replace yalls. its cheap!

www.hydroturf.com
    2002 Launch 22' SSV
    5.7 Indmar Assault

"wetter is better!"

Remember, you get what you pay for! Seadeck is proven and everyone who uses it has nothing but good things to say. Most of the time its cheaper to spend a little more now and get something you will be satisfied with. There is probably a good reason it is cheaper, because it is.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I went with a ZDecals.com custom cover... I love it.... It has an image printed into it...

I saw a guy last wkend with his platform coated with rubber. He got it sprayed at a bed liner place. He loves it. Just an idea

Gator Grip would be something to look at.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

I replaced mine thinking it was the black rubber coming off and I called Supra and had them replace it under warranty.

Since then I have had the black come back, I took a better look at it then looked at my friends Malibu and noticed how much higher off the water the Malibu platform is vs. the Surpa's.

I believe that what is happening is the carbon from the exhaust is getting deposited on the platform when we are not on plane because the platform is always right at the water line whereas my friends Malibu is about 2 inches above the water even when the boat is loaded up.

When my boat is loaded and full ballast the platform is 2-3 inches under water!!!

I found a carbon exhaust cleaner and every other week I give the platform a scrub - try scrubbing the platform before you replace the rubber because it may be a waist of money if the carbon comes back again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dokey34 View Post
    I replaced mine thinking it was the black rubber coming off and I called Supra and had them replace it under warranty.

Since then I have had the black come back, I took a better look at it then looked at my friends Malibu and noticed how much higher off the water the Malibu platform is vs. the Surpa's.

I believe that what is happening is the carbon from the exhaust is getting deposited on the platform when we are not on plane because the platform is always right at the water line whereas my friends Malibu is about 2 inches above the water even when the boat is loaded up.

When my boat is loaded and full ballast the platform is 2-3 inches under water!!!

I found a carbon exhaust cleaner and every other week I give the platform a scrub - try scrubbing the platform before you replace the rubber because it may be a waist of money if the carbon comes back again!
    Good eye, that makes sense. Never thought about this but could very well be the case.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV