Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My 1985 sunsport

Here are a few pics of my project boat. I bought it in back in July and have been working on it ever since. I started out sanding and buffing but decided to painting was the way to go. I liked the blacked out worlds edition look but with a daughter in college certainly couldn't afford one. Since the painting I have replaced the stringers flooring carpet and still working on the on the Upholstery. I still need to re-cover the engine cover dash shifter console and glove box. I have really enjoyed reading though all of your threads and have learned alot.

Pictures....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a few more Pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good! I'd love to see some pictures of the work you've done. Did you do some pictures along the way of things you've completed?

There is another person here with the grey hull. He removed the black stripe and after hull cleanup it does look good and shines nice. However your new paintjob looks great and it looks like a whole new boat!! Nice work and keep the pics comin, we love it!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Okie, Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the progress. I took a few but I think my kids must have deleted them These two were the only ones I could find. There are a several other in my album but all of recent.

How much did the new gel coat cost, if you dont mind me asking. Looks awesome.

I bought the materials and did it myself so it wasn't as expensive as you might think. ($600 -700 materials only). We used a polyurethane base and clear system similar to Imron.

man I just talked myself out of painting my boat then I see this! lol Looks really good!

I really like the idea of the captains chair for the passenger side too. Its nice to be able to look forward comfortably when sitting in that seat than always having to face backwards. I assume the battery is in the compartment underneath. Is there decent amount of room to get in between the engine compartment and the back or front of the chair? I think when I redo my interior, I'll look into creating this compartment and adding the captains chair.
    1987 Supra SunSport