Default 21V tranny and vdrive 15hr service

Performed my 15 hour service on these 2 components. Took about an hour.
    Tools - 1/2" wrench, fluid extractor, sae 30 oil 1 litre, atf dexronIII . transmission fluid 2 litres, paper towels

remove tranny fluid , and vdrive fluid with extractor

2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

then using 1/2 inch wrench remove tranny screen coverplate bolts located on bottom of tranny in a near impossible place to access. As i didn't extract as much fluid as i thought i should have i prepared with papertowels underneath

alot of fluid came out when the coverplate was removed and there was some dbris on the screen...small white in colour partcles, but not too bad overall.
    screen was reinstalled with coverplate bolts torqued and fluids replaced to top fill lines using sized funnels. tranny hole is bigger and fills quick, vdrive is smaller and slower to fill. Vdrive took about .95 litres, tranny about 2 litres but didn't keep track and over filled and had to remove some.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

I prob should have bumped motor over after tranny fluid extracted maybe to remove fluid in tranny cooler, i did have the boat tipped bow down on the trailer , maybe its just the nature of the beast but seemed to be about 6-8 oz of fluid that came out the bottom.

I will have to run engine and recheck levels , i assume i will have to add tranny fluid as it should be checked after it has been run so fluid is in the cooler. I will update how much later.

All in all not a difficult procedure just hard to get to the 1/2 screen coverplate bolts.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Thanks Doug
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.