Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Default Surfboard Racks?

I'm tired of not having a place to put my thicker board(s). However, the price of some of these racks just seems crazy to me. I need at least a rack for 2 surf boards. The dbot5 rack with the strap on looks good but is pricey. I don't think any are cheap though.

What racks are you guys using and whats the best bang for the buck?

Having a QD would be nice too. It would help when I'm putting the boat in its storage bay.

Thanks.

Roswell makes a pair of tines for a surboard to go on the racks that you already have, but they're pricey.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Yeah, I saw that in an older thread on here. Did you ever get a set and/or find out the price? They look good tho and its exactly what I need.

$$$$ everywhere I look!

I have the Dbot5 rack and have been relatively happy with it over the last couple seasons. The quick disconnect spline/clamp seems to have quite a bit of wobble, so I torque it down with an allen wrench to make it more stable. I suppose that kind of defeats the purpose of the QD, but I don't want the rack wobbling around.

As you get in to the more delicate boards try to find a spot for the rack that stores the boards as vertically as possible to take the pressure off the board where it meets the rack forks. I actually removed one of my swivel wakeboard racks to make room for the surf rack.

Had the same problem, want vs price. Monster solved my problems.

i believe it was $190 per. Each one only holds one board but it works great, especially for the price. A mount clamps onto your tower just about anywhere you want and at any angle. The forks then quick connect/disconnect the same way a wheel and tire does on a bicycle.

So far it works great. Used it 5 or 6 times. Also, you could place 2 skinnier boards bottom to bottom on it i believe, it is pretty big. I have posted some pictures on here before somewhere .. ill try to find

http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthrea...t=10402&page=2 ...

Not quite what i thought it was but it still gives you an idea. I bought one surf and one wakeboard. Those pictures are with the wakeboard rack but the surf is just a little longer, the width is close to the same as the wakeboard but without the middle tong (or whatever you want to call it).

If you want to dish out some cash you cant go wrong with the Z-5, it will hold three surf boards with no problems. I think they are running about $1800, they are sweet and in my opinion so worth the money. I will never buy another boat without one.

We had 4 wakeboards, wakeskate, two surf boards and two kneeboards out the boat on racks/Z-5 sunday. Its sooooo nice having that Z-5!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Scott,

What rack is that on the starboard side. I see what you mean about being upright...makes perfect sense. Also, I've seen some of your pics before...nice! What size bag is that upon your seat? That thing is a beast.

Fman,
    Really? All of that on the Z-5. A bit steep this year, maybe next. That's amazing.

Yep, Z5 is great, but I want something to carry my 5'6" surfboard on teh days that I may want some sun and don't take the Z5 out with the boat.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

John,

How about just taking the cover off the Z5?

The new ones, called "Convertables" allow you to unzip most of it to get some sun, but no doubt - that's an $$$ upgrade.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.