Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'll have to agree with the Z5. If you are willing to spend the money it is way worth it. very versatile and it looks good.

My monster racks work great, though. Def more budget friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    John,

How about just taking the cover off the Z5?

The new ones, called "Convertables" allow you to unzip most of it to get some sun, but no doubt - that's an $$$ upgrade.

Todd
    Nah, it's either on or off....If it's not gonna be there for shade, I'd prefer it to not be there at all for a head-bumping hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I'll have to agree with the Z5. If you are willing to spend the money it is way worth it. very versatile and it looks good.
    Yep, the Z5 is great.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Agreed on the head-bump. I am only 5'10" and hit my head, some of my taller buddies - it reaks havoc on -- although, I have to admit - a few beers and watching one of htem try to WALK on the seat between the playpen and the rest of the boat ... PRICELESS, and he did it like 3 times!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Don't be cruel. I new guy is about to start going out on my boat and he's about 6'5" with a size 16 shoe. I'm taking him so he can impress the ladies
    My Install Gallery

You know what they say about guys with HUGE FEET ...

I didn't laugh the first time - but really, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th?
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

That's what happens when there's alcohol involved.
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    Scott,

What rack is that on the starboard side. I see what you mean about being upright...makes perfect sense. Also, I've seen some of your pics before...nice! What size bag is that upon your seat? That thing is a beast.

Fman,
    Really? All of that on the Z-5. A bit steep this year, maybe next. That's amazing.
    The 4 wakeboards were in the swivel racks, everything else was on the Z-5.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

The rack is the dbot5 surf rack, a couple season's old.
    I'm not sure if they've changed the mount at all, but, the only other complaint I have; in order to get the surf rack completely vertical, the rack has to be installed on a horizontal tower bar. I had to dig through some pictures to show how the rack sits at an angle when installed on the uprights of the tower. The rack is(was) a little limited in terms of installation possibilites, but, all in all, I am happy with the rack.

I've been looking at the Endless Wave surf rack (~$400), but I think my wife would kill me if I bought more surfboards, or another expensive rack for that matter. Therefore, I don't need more storage
    http://endlesswavesurfracks.com/

There was a Z5 for sale on WW ($1000).
    I'll have to wait for the new boat in order to get a Z5, even if I had the money for it, the Z5 guys say it won't fit my 05' 22SSV;
    FITS 2009 SUPRA MODELS:
    Gravity Edition 24SSV (standard)
    Launch 24SSV/ 22SSV/ 21V/ 20SSV (optional)
    Sunsport 24V/ 22V/ 20V (optional)
    World’s Edition Series (standard)

FITS NON-CURRENT SUPRA MODELS
    2006-08 24V
    2007-08 22V
    2005-08 21V
    2007-08 20/ 20V

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    I have the Dbot5 rack and have been relatively happy with it over the last couple seasons. The quick disconnect spline/clamp seems to have quite a bit of wobble, so I torque it down with an allen wrench to make it more stable. I suppose that kind of defeats the purpose of the QD, but I don't want the rack wobbling around.

As you get in to the more delicate boards try to find a spot for the rack that stores the boards as vertically as possible to take the pressure off the board where it meets the rack forks. I actually removed one of my swivel wakeboard racks to make room for the surf rack.

Hey Scott, why dont you think about adding a little more weight to your boat?!?!!? Holy !@#$!, is that safe????? That baby looks like it might go over if you turned real hard. And thats with only two people in the boat.... How much weight are you running in that? and how bout some pics of that wave, must be huge!
    Last edited by Fman; 04-28-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

I did want one of the endless wave surf racks but after watching a review from Wake9, I changed my mind. They loved the rack other than the fact you had to be a monkey to get a board down. I could def see this being a downside.