Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

It does come with the rubber rings!

On the down side I ordered the rack on 4/21 and I haven't got a tracking number yet. I hope it's in the mail and they forgot to send the tracking info.
    1989 Supra SunSport | ACME 480 Prop. | 13th Floor Tower

I got the rack in the mail yesterday. It looks very solid and well made but it didn't come with the rubber insert we were talking about. I'll take some pics when installing and update this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Memmer99 View Post
    it didn't come with the rubber insert we were talking about
    I specifically asked the guy if it comes with the rubber spacers to protect the tower from scratches due to metal on metal and the reply was, yes it does .

Sorry to hear. I'd contact them and ask about it.

I ended up going with the Aerial brand. I have a mirror made by them and have been very happy with it. I got this one off ebay for $129. Not bad when it cost $225 direct from Aerial.

Last edited by ssmith; 05-05-2010 at 12:56 AM.

NICE! I like the black finish. The design is very similar. I have some rubber rings from my tower speakers I can use. I just wanted to let everyone know what I received in the box. Oh it also came with a sticker if your into those. I just removed every sticker possible on my boat so it went in the trash. lol

Any pictures of these racks installed?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    Any pictures of these racks installed?
    Not sure which rack your wanting pics of (Memmers or mine). I don't have any pics but can get you one if you want.

Either or Both, just looking for ideas as it appears I'll be adding another board or 2 to the quiver this summer and will need more storage. Current options are
    • Add the single board "surfer add-on" to my existing Dbot5 rack ($120 = 1 board)

• Pickup another Dbot5 rack ($300 = 2 boards)

• Endless Wave monkey rack ($400 = 3 boards)

• Ebay rack w/out quick disconnect ($173 = 2 boards)

What is the fork opening width on these ebay surf racks?

No way I'd do the Endless wave rack. It just seems too inconvenient. I can just see myself climbing around with wet feet, slipping and falling then hurting myself. Plus it would just be a PITA, but thats just my opinion. I do love the idea of it holding multiple boards. I would do the dbot strap on if only needing room for 1 board or the ebay route for 2 boards.

I'll never buy another surf rack. If I start acquiring additional boards...I'll save my coins and go the z5 route. It just makes more sense to me plus it looks cool.

I'll get you some pics of mine. I really can't say enough about the quality of the rack. No rattle and I measured the fingers for the surf board and I think I can get my LF venture and and Phase 5 in there together plus still have the wakeboard slot. Also, the wakeboard slot fingers are slightly wider than the Roswell racks, so I can easily get a thinner board in that slot...had a IS black pearl-yellow in yesterday. So depending on the boards, I can potentially get 3 boards in this one rack (maybe an option for you).

Scott,

Here is a pic of the Aerial surf/wakeboard rack. Sorry, best pic I have. I had to stop by the storage building to take it today and there's not much room to get a shot.