Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It really depends on what you define as bright enough. I used the light bar to wakeboard at night last year and it really only lights up directly behind the boat. You cant see at all outside of the wake. When we did it, we used a bunch of glow sticks so you could see where the rider was when they fell. This worked well but I wouldnt reccommend riding at night unless you really want to do it.
    ________
    Honda VF750C
    Last edited by blaze5012; 01-22-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Default Interesting....

I just contacted Roswell and they said that the straps were $26 each and replacement swivels were $150 each. The price seems to be determined on the mood of the individual responding.
    2007 24v
    Alpine Type-R SWR-M100 sub
    6-Alpine SPR-M700 7" speakers
    2-Alpine PDX-4.100M - amp
    ALPINE CDA118M-head unit
    2-Alpine MC20-commanders
    Wetsounds Rev 8 tower
    JL audio 2150-amp

If it makes you feel any better, I was also told that the swivels would be $150. Before your post, I was sort of wondering why the price I was given was higher than what everyone else said!

Honestly I think they were just probably tired of giving free things away. I just wish they would contact me back with the order form.
    2007 24v
    Alpine Type-R SWR-M100 sub
    6-Alpine SPR-M700 7" speakers
    2-Alpine PDX-4.100M - amp
    ALPINE CDA118M-head unit
    2-Alpine MC20-commanders
    Wetsounds Rev 8 tower
    JL audio 2150-amp

They probably had a price increase on 2010, could be a material/production increase they have to pass along to the consumer. At $150 I doubt they are making any profit off them. Although, those push button design swivels are terrrrible.... a freebie would be justified, but I have a feeling with the condition of the boating industry they are struggling right now and cant afford to give away free items.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Was able to get the new swivels installed this weekend. They are a great improvement from the original. Very little play in the new ones. It was totally worth $150. I am very pleased.

FYI, I just contacted Roswell and was told that $150 is the warranty price and they are only honoring that price for 08' and newer. They're trying to charge me $190 for EACH

EDIT: Contacted Scott at Roswell. They are extending the $150 warranty price to me. I'm a happy boater again.
    Last edited by foxer720; 04-14-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Update

My crew and even my wife board at night..Its never crowded!! lol. My buddy bought his boat and it had a small light bar on it, and once late in the day the water was so nice that we wanted to stay later so we hit the lights and kept going and that started a new trend. I would have to say that geoff, laura and myself were hardcore at the end of last year. We had this one DREAM night in June..the wind was at 3-4 mph, it was a bit cloudy and the sun went down and everything got still. So we rested for 30 mins, hit the light bar and started taking runs again from like 9:00-11:30 non-stop! It was so still that you couldn't see the surface or your landings anymore. Yes you do have to use the force to land sometimes but that just makes it a little more exciting. I still dream about that June night alot! It was like a warm knife going through soft budda'. Mmm..feel it! Yeah, it was that good, those are the days of riding that stick with you. I loved it so much I bought a 5-light light bar for mine, and got to use it one time last year and now Im pulling it to make room for my new Roswell bar and Krypts. I might have to modfi the 3-lights on there for some more night riding. Oh, its usually on full moon nights also, so you can usually see even without the lights. Anybody want to buy a light bar?? lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Quote Originally Posted by LloydP View Post
    Was able to get the new swivels installed this weekend. They are a great improvement from the original. Very little play in the new ones. It was totally worth $150. I am very pleased.
    I just spoke to mike with Roswell, and they told me to contact my dealer, and there was nothing they could do for me. I dont understand it, my boat has barely 275 hrs on it, and most of the hours are from just hanging out with the Family, and not even using the board racks. The racks are froze up due their poor design, and they charge $$ of money for them ,and there's really nothing they can due for me. Its going to be really hard for me to buy their products moving forward.
    Thanks

Mitch Salazar

2005 24SSV

Ouch. I guess they can't offer the deals they did for some of us forever, but I paid for the upgrade to the push from underneath upgrade from my stock 05 setup, then after those started coming loose Scott took care of me with upgrades to the single pin style. Might we worth talking to Scott? I believe he is in their Florida office.
    2005 22 SSV GG