Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ouch. I guess they can't offer the deals they did for some of us forever, but I paid for the upgrade to the push from underneath upgrade from my stock 05 setup, then after those started coming loose Scott took care of me with upgrades to the single pin style. Might we worth talking to Scott? I believe he is in their Florida office.
    Yeah not happy at all....
    Thanks

Mitch Salazar

2005 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    I paid for the upgrade to the push from underneath upgrade from my stock 05 setup, then after those started coming loose Scott took care of me with upgrades to the single pin style
    @Sluggo,
    I also have a 2005 Supra that I had purchased used, and the wakeboard pivots use a single pin that drops-in from the top.

Based on what you posted, it sounds like this may be the newer style pivot, and the owners may have upgraded this? Or is the top-pin the original/stock pivot, and the new one that people are purchasing is different in some other way?

Thank you!

The stock swivel had a stationary pin for each position that would drop via gravity into place. This was a problem because you had to keep them lubricated or they would get stuck in the open position and then the lubricatant would drip on the boat or cover. Then I went to the push from below, first pic. Just pulled these pics from Roswell's site and it says the internals are improved and they still sell them but the first round got sloppy after a while and shook all over the place. Althought it was very convienient to just push the bottom and spin them it was not a trivial touch as they suggest, it was a pretty firm push to the point some of my smaller and female riders that had enough arm strength to get up on wake boards, could not rotate the racks. There was also a locking saftey screw that was supposed to be inserted to keep the swivels from moving during towing or cruizing? I would use them for towing, but they were not secured to the swivel and could have been lost or dropped very easily. If I recall correctly, there was a storage hole for them in the swivell that is covered by that tab that is jets out from the left side of the push button. Then to the single large pin that is connected to the swivel via a small cable which is not shown in the pic. There is only one pin and it must be manually removed and dropped back in for each position of the swivel. Sorry, don't have pics of the original swivels.

rwa_motion_swivel_main.jpgsi_swivel_main.jpg
    Last edited by Sluggo; 10-25-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    2005 22 SSV GG

@Sluggo - Those are great images, thank you!

The only thing I did not understand, is the difference between the original (single pin that drops into place with gravity) versus the newest model (single pin that is inserted).

Can you explain the difference / how the new single-inserted-pin is different from the old single-inserted-pin?

Thanks again for the details!

Yeah, the original had pin for each position that was enclosed or trapped in the swivel that you had to manually push up to release for the rack to rotate. So three individual pins. Only two are visibile in the first pic indicated by arrows. Please someone jump in if they have a better pick. This was also an issue cause they were covered in lubricant so they would function properly and the lubricant or residue would get on your hands when you touched them. The new style has a single much larger pin that is used to lock the swivel in each of the three positions and is fully removable from the top and has a large cap on it so you don't have to touch the part that makes contact with metal on metal thus getting lubricant or any other type of residue on your hands. The second pic is of the push button style and showing the saftey pin in the locked position and then also pointing to where the pin is stored. The last pic is when we filled up the storage compartments with golf clubs and took two foursomes to a near by golf course on Lake Norris when we spent the week down there a couple years ago. Golf course was nice but it had a couple hidden or blind shot holes that were cool, but not really fair if you know what I mean.

2006_0814_011923AAa.jpgIMG_0019a.jpg2009_0810_133545AA.jpg
    2005 22 SSV GG

Okay, from what you're saying, the original owner must have upgraded because my swivel only has a single pin that drops down into one of three holes.

If I understand you correctly, the old swivel would have had three pins (two of which I can see in the photo you attached) - which clarifies that I have the new version.

Thanks again for all of the help you provided and photos you uploaded so that I could confirm!

Just a little update to this thread. I gotta say, Roswell is a solid company with great customer service. They're replacing my 2006 swivels with the pin style locks for $95 each 8 years later. That is service right there.

Here's a good contact:
    Tracy Gragg
    [email protected]
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Default Re: Roswell Replacement Parts

Here's what I got. Good stuff.uploadfromtaptalk1393044548274.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I made my own straps. Bought the bungy strap from Lowes, coat hanger to secure it, and shrink wrap. $10 bucks and looks like new. I don't have an answer about the webbing. I have an 07 launch and the swivels are junk. I had to buy mine from Roswell for about $150. much better design.

Anoyone have a good source for getting replacement parts for Roswell Wakeboard Racks and such at good prices,I have 2 new straps coming and 2 screws for my mirror getting a price on the C4 light bar,to issue negotiable price